Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Selling sheitel
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 9:19 pm
Less than a year ago I bought this beautiful lace front/lace top, long Irene wig as a Shabbos sheitel, but since Covid-19 and staying home more frequently I realize I've barely worn it. It's too high quality to just be sitting on my dresser. Does anyone have any ideas where would be a good place to sell it?

amother
Yellow

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 9:21 pm
I have seen people selling wigs on Facebook groups...

amother
Black

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 9:25 pm
Include cap size and color, it might sell better. I actually saw your post online and was like hm I may go for that but wasn't interested in asking about it before being able to properly think it over.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 9:34 pm
Thank you! Yes, I have tried Facebook groups and thought someone on this site might have other ideas. I appreciate the feedback! Cap size is medium and color is dark brown with subtle highlights. About 20' in length.

Maryann

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 9:44 pm
How much are you selling it for?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 9:48 pm
I am selling for the best offer someone gives, so no set price. The original price I paid was $1,800 but I know I can't sell for that much since it was worn previously, lightly worn but still.

Maryann

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 9:50 pm
Are you able to post pics?
What Sheital brand is it
And are you in tristate area

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 9:55 pm
Yes I am located in Connecticut but can mail it if the person who purchases is far from where I live. The sheitel brand is Irene. And yes, here are pictures: [img]https://I.imgur.com/szh5lsH.jpg
[/img]https://I.imgur.com/xYEDJSi.jpg
https://I.imgur.com/qqTAE89.jpg

Moon613

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 10:02 pm
eBay

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 10:05 pm
Thank you!

amother
Gold

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 10:11 pm
Contact redcarpetwigs@gmail.com (look for her page on Instagram. I think her name is shani)

thunderstorm

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 10:13 pm
There’s a wig consignment shop , she’s on Instagram. @doppelgangerwigs . But I believe she takes commission when someone purchases the wig. It doesn’t hurt to speak to her though.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 24 2020, 10:13 pm
Thank you!

sarid

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 1:22 pm
I have bought/sold with Doppleganger wigs in Monsey who sells wigs on consignment. You don't need to be in Monsey- you can mail the wig to her. Check her out on facebook.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 1:24 pm
[please start your own thread instead of posting this on someone else's. -mod]

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 9:07 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Contact redcarpetwigs@gmail.com (look for her page on Instagram. I think her name is shani)

Do not sell your wig through redcarpet wigs. Use a different wig consignment company if you need to, but do not use Shani at red carpet wigs.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 9:11 pm
Thank you for letting me know. I did email redcarpetwigs@gmail.com several days ago but never heard back from her, so I'm certainly not inclined to use her because of that. I appreciate your feedback!

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 9:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for letting me know. I did email redcarpetwigs@gmail.com several days ago but never heard back from her, so I'm certainly not inclined to use her because of that. I appreciate your feedback!

All the wig resellers take a percentage of the sale as their commission. So, if you are able to sell it on your own for a lower price you will end up keeping the same amount of money more or less than if you sell through someone. But there are many other wig resellers that I have heard good things about!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 9:32 pm
Thank you! Yes, so far I have taken the suggestions from everyone who has commented on here and reached out to redcarpetwigs (no reply), Overstock Wigs, Doppelganger, and MOPS. So far MOPS is offering the best percentage for selling through consignment. I am still evaluating whether it makes sense to sell on my own or sell through consignment, but if I go through consignment it makes the most sense to work with MOPS.

Mindys_mommy

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 10:09 pm
You can try rewigbyrayzee on Instagram.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels