Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid does affect young healthy people
Previous  1  2  3

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 3:36 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
No, that's not it.

According to wikipedia:
Karen is a pejorative term for someone perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is appropriate or necessary. A common stereotype is that of a white woman who uses her privilege to demand her own way at the expense of others.

Thanks for the enlightenment!

imasoftov

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 3:40 pm
nchr wrote:
Do I need to go bring my wooden spoon gals?

Great way to raise the level of the conversation Banging head

Zehava

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 3:44 pm
nchr wrote:
Saying "Ok, Karen" is beyond rude? This is a public forum and the politics section gets hot and although I would not make that comment, I wouldn't consider it exceedingly rude. I personally thought that Zehava was being sarcastic since she is not a very active poster on the COVID19 threads. Did you see the responses? Saw how personal they got? I don't want to call out specifics, but the responses are terrifying and Zehava is a poster who has hit me below the belt in threads before so I'm not biased here.

Did I? Ouch I’m sorry. We’re you anonymous? I generally try to not get personal and stick with the facts (or the sarcasm). I try to attack posts not posters. If I hurt you personally please message me next time. I generally am not shy about my opinions but I don’t take myself so seriously.

nchr

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 3:54 pm
imasoftov wrote:
Great way to raise the level of the conversation Banging head

Come on - it was send lightheartedly and I'm sure most posters laughed.

nchr

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 3:57 pm
Zehava wrote:
Did I? Ouch I’m sorry. We’re you anonymous? I generally try to not get personal and stick with the facts (or the sarcasm). I try to attack posts not posters. If I hurt you personally please message me next time. I generally am not shy about my opinions but I don’t take myself so seriously.

No. It wasn't personal and I'm ok with it. You called out my parenting under my screen name in a thread unrelated to parenting and that's ok. At least you didn't call me Karen. I just brought it up here to say I am not biased. Frankly, I wouldn't been biased even if you were my own child. I don't stand up for them when they are wrong.

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 4:01 pm
I can appreciate both the aptness and subtle sexism of the term Karen (Similar to "Bye, Felicia"--but you have to have watched movies in the 90s to get that one...)

...and I can see how the response is rude and dismissive.

...and the irony that most "Karens" don't wear masks and are known for arguing against having to do so.

...and the topic is touchy.

...and sarcasm is difficult in the written word.

...and comparing people to dead people or wishing they were dead is just beyond (yes, even beyond calling someone a 'Karen').

Zehava

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 4:06 pm
nchr wrote:
No. It wasn't personal and I'm ok with it. You called out my parenting under my screen name in a thread unrelated to parenting and that's ok. At least you didn't call me Karen. I just brought it up here to say I am not biased. Frankly, I wouldn't been biased even if you were my own child. I don't stand up for them when they are wrong.

Ah yes, I remember now. Don’t regret it sorry. And you’re the opposite of a Karen.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 4:09 pm
This thread is really downhill and it isn't at all about young people who are sick from coronavirus. I am reporting myself because I think that the mods should either clean it up or lock it for the sake of achdus.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics