Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
A formula allergy after 8 months?

rivkab18

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 6:52 pm
My 17 month old was having bouts of diarrhea and vomiting which was most likely due to a stomach virus. It came and went and during this time we continued to give him formula. After the second virus within the span of a short time I took him off of soy completely. I was giving him soy formula because he’s skinny and I wanted him to have some substance in his day aside from whatever food I gave him.
Is it possible for a toddler to develop an allergy after 8 months of drinking the same thing? Worried that’s what caused the vomiting at some point and don’t want to give it again but he’s not drinking any sort of protein substitute! Refuses other “milk” alternatives.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 7:03 pm
Yes. It happened to my dd. She took dairy formula fine until she got a stomach virus at a few months old. She was never able to go back to dairy formula.

She then took soy formula until she was a year old, and then she developed an intolerance to that too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts