Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Have you ever had to Bounce a Check ?
Previous  1  2

GAMZu

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 9:52 pm
Most of the time it happens to a check you wrote legitimately, but because of a couple of dollars unaccounted for, there is not enough to cover it once it's deposited.

If I write a check knowing I don't have enough $ in my account, I post-date it and tell the recipient.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 9:58 pm
Mommastuff wrote:

I thought that checks were good for a year.
Also, if someone takes that long to deposit a check, one could think that they've lost it (the check, that is) Wink

checks are considered "stale" after a year, but some banks allow only 6 months. even so, you're not "safe". if the cashier doesn't notice the date and cashes the check, the check is cashed, period. If the recipient changes the date on the check--very easy to change a 2007 to 2008, even easier to change a 2001 to almost anything--and the cashier doesn't notice...it all depends on how canny the cashier is, and in some neighborhoods the cashiers are none too canny.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics