Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
ISO fresh, feminine scent
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 6:51 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
O.M.G. Me. Too!
Love the first 2, actually physically gag from Light Blue

Hi
Can we compare what else we like?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 7:13 pm
Chanel Cristalle (it's a citrus scent)

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 7:20 pm
Chanel chance (pink bottle)
And Exceptional (DH wears the male version which comes in a grey box. Mine is a purple box)

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 9:11 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
I read great things about Coco Madamoiselle. I wish there was a way for me to get a sample. (I can't get to the mall right now).

I loved this one, but alas, patchouli...DH couldn't stand it.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 9:25 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I loved this one, but alas, patchouli...DH couldn't stand it.

I'm not so familiar with the ingredients in perfume. Some perfumes are sweet but very heavy - they make me nauseous. Is that caused by patchouli?
I wore an Aerin scent (Geranium, I think) that was perfect - but it's really expensive (I got a free sample) and I don't *love* it enough to buy it. I liked it because it was light, feminine, fresh.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 9:40 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
I'm not so familiar with the ingredients in perfume. Some perfumes are sweet but very heavy - they make me nauseous. Is that caused by patchouli?
I wore an Aerin scent (Geranium, I think) that was perfect - but it's really expensive (I got a free sample) and I don't *love* it enough to buy it. I liked it because it was light, feminine, fresh.

I'm not really not an expert, but I did notice that some of the scents I particularly liked (V&R Flowerbomb, Chanel Mademoiselle) and DH hated had patchouli. Those are labeled as warm florals. It seems to be a pretty strong smell, that you either love or hate. If you don't like heavy perfumes, you might want to steer clear of those.

Maybe check out fruity florals?
http://sephora.com/shop/perfume?ref=11585422

strawberry cola

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:14 pm
Another Jo Malone scent that I think is gorgeous is English Pear and Freesia- probably my favorite.

etky

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 1:53 am
allthingsblue wrote:

Possibly. But there are other notes that can be making you queasy too, especially certain kinds of musks and a bunch of synthetic molecules like Ambroxan or Cetalox.
Personally, fragrances that contains chocolate notes (like La Vie Est Belle) or incense (like Flower by Kenzo) make me nauseous.
I don't like patchouli heavy scents either but can tolerate a certain amount if the scent is well blended and fresh overall.
With your stated preferences, I would be cautious regarding any scent labelled 'oriental' or 'gourmand'.
Use fragrantica.com to check out reviews of different scents and to explore their ingredients and classifications.
If you like Aerin Wild Geranium check out other scents in the floral woody musk category in addition to fruity florals and floral green scents.

MiriFr

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 1:11 pm
Tichelicious https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJmQjjHF/

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Dec 24 2020, 10:08 am
I found what I'm looking for Smile
Valentino Voce Viva. It's feminine yet subtle. Doesn't give me a headache. I got it as a sample and love it!
Thanks for your input, ladies!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics