Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Weekday shoes for 12 yr old dd

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 9:36 pm
I would love a recommendation for weekday shies for my 12 yr old daughter. She wears a 36/37 in european sizes. Not sure what that translates into american sizes, maybe 5or 5 1/2. I already ordered Marc Joseph shoes on anazon and after one week they look terrible. Any links or suggestions for brands to search online would be helpful. I usually buy shoes in boro park shoe stores but haven't had any luck this year between covid and red zones. Thanks.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:13 pm
I have a daughter the same age. I bought Marc Joseph shoes as well and I agree with you - they looked old by the second week. The colored leather trim rubbed out in 2 days and turned white. Wonder if others had the same experience. I should really leave a bad review on Amazon.

lfab

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:33 pm
Following. My DD that age needs new shoes as well. But she's already wearing a woman's size 7.5. Links to shoes/sneakers that are at least somewhat in style would be really helpful.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 11:36 pm
I wear a size 35, which is a women’s 5. She must be a 6 or 6.5. FYI.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:00 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I have a daughter the same age. I bought Marc Joseph shoes as well and I agree with you - they looked old by the second week. The colored leather trim rubbed out in 2 days and turned white. Wonder if others had the same experience. I should really leave a bad review on Amazon.

If you’re talking about the cheap Marc j loafer on Amazon my daughter had them the whole summer and they lasted beautifully.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would love a recommendation for weekday shies for my 12 yr old daughter. She wears a 36/37 in european sizes. Not sure what that Talking Fashion into american sizes, maybe 5or 5 1/2. I already ordered Marc Joseph shoes on anazon and after one week they look terrible. Any links or suggestions for brands to search online would be helpful. I usually buy shoes in boro park shoe stores but haven't had any luck this year between covid and red zones. Thanks.

36/37 is a size 6 ladies. 37 flat is 6.5.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:03 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:

Yes that is exactly what happened. I was thinking of calling amazon to complain and see if they will offer a refund, just haven't gotten around to it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:06 am
ra_mom wrote:
36/37 is a size 6 ladies. 37 flat is 6.5.

That's what I thought too but unless I misunderstood the guy in oomph it's not tye same as a womens 37. I am a 37 and when she tries on my shoes they are way too big. I actually think in marc Joseph I ordered her 5 1/2 but her shobbos shoes from blublonc are 36

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:09 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
If you’re talking about the cheap Marc j loafer on amazon my daughter had them the whole summer and they lasted beautifully.

I chose the suede version with leather trim cuz I thought it would look more wintery yet the shoe did not last more than a week. Both the suede and leather look like the shoes were worn for months instead of weeks.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 2:36 pm
So sorry for those who got the shoes on my recommendation! We had a very different experience with the 4 kids of mine in their loafers!

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 3:55 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
So sorry for those who got the shoes on my recommendation! We had a very different experience with the 4 kids of mine in their loafers!

I'm also sorry for op and others, but I wanted to thank you for the recommendation. My dd is so happy with her marc joseph sneakers and they actually look great after a few weeks. I guess quality varied by model.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics