Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Rabbi Orlofsky's kosher humor is keeping me sane, who else
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 26 2020, 10:25 am
1ofbillions wrote:
Would you be interested in non-frum podcasts in this format?

Thanks for the suggestions. From the time Ive been a kid, Ive loved Dear Abby, so definitely.

Although Dear Abby was in a different time period, because Id get annoyed if a therapist has the "follow your heart" open-minded attitude and advises people to (for example) live with people rather than marry, until theyre sure, and advice of that nature, clearly against the Torah, so I guess Id prefer those with conservative values, if they exist.

I assume Ill find the ones you mentioned by googling, unless you give me links?

Thanks again.

1ofbillions

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions. From the time Ive been a kid, Ive loved Dear Abby, so definitely.

Although Dear Abby was in a different time period, because Id get annoyed if a therapist has the "follow your heart" open-minded attitude and advises people to (for example) live with people rather than marry, until theyre sure, and advice of that nature, clearly against the Torah, so I guess Id prefer those with conservative values, if they exist.

I assume Ill find the ones you mentioned by googling, unless you give me links?

Thanks again.

They’re on all podcast platforms, so just search “dear therapists” or “Esther perel” and they’ll come up. Enjoy!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:58 am
1ofbillions wrote:
They’re on all podcast platforms, so just search “dear therapists” or “Esther perel” and they’ll come up. Enjoy!

Thanks.

I looked at Esther Perel and dear therapist.

I think I prefer listening to frum people.

Anyone else I can try with a give and take, question answer program?

seeker

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 2:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I agree. Are there any other frum psychologists who answer questions?
David Lieberman. Phenomenal. Not much Q&A but his current series on TorahAnytime is based on Q&A.

seeker

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 2:05 am
For plain inspirational not psychologist, Charlie Harary can be very funny. Not really comedian style like Rabbi Orlofsky but very entertaining.

For Q&A, Rebbetzin Heller (now Gottlieb) is not a psychologist but is incredibly insightful and she has a few series on Naaleh.com that are Q&A. She is also very witty, not a comedienne but often makes me smile and laugh.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 2:11 am
seeker wrote:
For plain inspirational not psychologist, Charlie Harary can be very funny. Not really comedian style like Rabbi Orlofsky but very entertaining.

For Q&A, Rebbetzin Heller (now Gottlieb) is not a psychologist but is incredibly insightful and she has a few series on Naaleh.com that are Q&A. She is also very witty, not a comedienne but often makes me smile and laugh.

I love Harary's style. Hes amazing! I just dont think they add too many new Shiurim of his on Torahanytime.

Sleepymama

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 2:43 am
I find rabbi Fischel Schachter to be very funny but also very deep.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics