Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Music Therapy

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 9:59 am
The other thread about the woman who was depressed about her career choice got me thinking about the pathetic state of mine Sad
I am no longer young, am working part time at a low paying, boring job, but I still think about this field a lot and wonder if maybe it's not too late for me to pursue it.

Does anyone have any practical information as to how to pursue a degree in this? Any online options? Requirements? Feedback? Etc.

I don't know any music therapists, and the one therapist that I spoke with many years ago told me she couldn't even afford a piano because she got paid so little. I'm hoping for some useful info.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 5:43 am
Anyone? Sad Crying

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 6:50 am
I know that the children’s hospital I work at employs 1 or 2 music therapist as part of their child life department. I’m sure they’ll decently paid (it’s a major hospital) but couldn’t tell you anything else

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 7:08 am
I work for a hospice agency and they employ a Music Therapist. Her work is part time and she doesn't make great money-because it is not reimbursable from medi/medi. That being said, she loves what she does and she had tremendous job satisfaction.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics