Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Cup for baby who doesn't take bottles

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:24 pm
My kids never liked bottles much but my baby right now due to the virus hasn't had a bottle since March. I want to get her a first cup but not sure what type to get. Don't want one bad for teeth or that gets too moldy, or hard to clean. What do you suggest?

tichellady

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:26 pm
What is going in the cup

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:31 pm
My kids never took bottles. I started them right away on straw sippy cups. I found them to be the easiest for the child because they don't have to pick it up. Just practice with a regular straw first to make sure they can use it. They make thin brushes that are meant to clean the straws.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:32 pm
Presumably milk in the morning and juice/water in the afternoon... Haven't actually given any fluids yet.

Mindys_mommy

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:43 pm
Love the Munchkin Miracle 360 cup. Spill-proof and easy to clean.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:50 pm
I also like the 360 type cups but I discovered they're not spill-proof if your child is a thrower. For that child we switched to the weighted straw cups.

Also, please don't give your baby juice at such a young age. It's completely unnecessary and terrible for her teeth. It's much better to get her in the habit of drinking milk and/or water when she's thirsty.

stillnewlywed

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 3:35 pm
How old is your baby?
If she doesn’t take bottles, babies can learn to sip from a straw cup from the age of 6 months. The munchkin weighted straw cups are great.
Why in the world are you giving your baby juice? My baby is 11 months and has been drinking from water from a straw cup at meals for a while now and starting to switch his milk to cups now as well.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 3:36 pm
stillnewlywed wrote:
How old is your baby?
If she doesn’t take bottles, babies can learn to sip from a straw cup from the age of 6 months. The munchkin weighted straw cups are great.
Why in the world are you giving your baby juice? My baby is 11 months and has been drinking from water from a straw cup at meals for a while now and starting to switch his milk to cups now as well.

Any tips on getting the baby to drink cows milk? Mine likes water but pushes away milk.

stillnewlywed

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 3:40 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Any tips on getting the baby to drink cows milk? Mine likes water but pushes away milk.

Idk I just gave him milk and he drank it LOL
I did put a bit of hot water in just so it’s not freezing from the fridge.
Regardless, don’t stress about milk. If she’s drinking water then just get dairy in with yogurt and cheese.

LittleDucky

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 3:48 pm
Another vote for munchkin 360 miracle cup. But definitely clean under the top piece. My kids loved those cups- some have handles for when they are little. They barely leak and no annoying straw to clean!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics