Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Signing consent forms for random Covid testing in schools
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Black

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 5:39 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I just received the forms today from our (girls) school. Can someone here tell me what happened when you refused to sign and send back the form? I'm just curious what to expect.

All depends how many parents refuse to sign. If you live in nys they require a minimum of 20% of the students weekly. Maybe u can get away w it initially. But eventually youll prob have to sign it

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 9:32 pm
I have a sinking feeling that everyone is going to be bullied into signing - and I will be the only parent that refuses. I hate being the only one that actually stands my ground. I'll probably have to cave as well, just so that my children aren't outcasts in their class. So mad mad mad!!!

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 9:39 pm
I just found this:
https://firstamendmentactivist......html

No idea who wrote it or what results it will bring (or if anyone else is reading it)...

amother
Red

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 10:09 pm
I refused to sign and called the dean to tell him so. If they want my daughter to be tested, I'll gladly take her myself. Absolutely no testing in school. And just in case, I told her that if anyone tells her it's her turn to be tested, she should tell them that her parents don't let.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 10:17 pm
So am I the only parent that doesn't want to test healthy children ANYWHERE?

Supermom#1

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 10:52 pm
nchr wrote:
Forget the forms? Why would your kids be anxious? You need to deal with that first. No reason to be anxious about a random test....

have you had a COVID nasal swab test? Many people, including myself, find it quite painful

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 10:53 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

No, def not. I’m ready to homeschool for time being and hoping it doesn’t come to that.

Supermom#1

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 10:56 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
No it’s not. Would the fearmongering stop already.

What fearmongering? Most vaccines are mandatory already, unless she's referring to COVID vaccine which apprx 50% of Americans don't plan to take.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 10:58 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

I'm not opposed to the testing (saliva tests, not nasal swabs). I just don't want them to test in school. Why don't you want to test?

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:06 pm
Supermom#1 wrote:
have you had a COVID nasal swab test? Many people, including myself, find it quite painful

It’s really not a big deal.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:12 pm
The big deal is government overreach.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 12:52 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

Me!!! I think Coivd is so over the only ones who don't think so are the ones that will lose there power or stop making $$$$

HakarasHatov

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 4:14 am
nchr wrote:
Forget the forms? Why would your kids be anxious? You need to deal with that first. No reason to be anxious about a random test....
This, I agree. We need to teach our children To deal with life, and coach them through their worries so they can function independently as adults. I think much has to do with the energy and perspective of the adults. Be positive, Downplay the ‘negative’ . Shots hurt, but most give shots. Falling down off bikes hurts, but its worth the fun. BH they get to continue school for this small fee.Sometimes we put our kids through much worse for much less, depends on what we want in the end....just my opinion.

Last edited by HakarasHatov on Wed, Oct 28 2020, 4:25 am; edited 2 times in total

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 4:17 am
Our school gives us the option to be present during the test. And its only 20% of the school.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:22 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I'm not opposed to the testing (saliva tests, not nasal swabs). I just don't want them to test in school. Why don't you want to test?

Mostly because of this:
https://firstamendmentactivist......html

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 3:37 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Me!!! I think Coivd is so over the only ones who don't think so are the ones that will lose there power or stop making $$$$

This really upsets ne that people still think its over! 2 friends of mine lost their husbands to covid... just in the past 2 weeks! Even if the kids r not at risk for covid, they are at risk for passing it on to others.
If u r sooo in to that my kids r negative all the time never positive, then maybe u should consider doing these tests bc right now the more negatives they see the more the positives will go down.
I cant stand it when people only think about themselves!!
(I hope my post is clear - english is not my first language)

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 8:38 am
HakarasHatov wrote:
This, I agree. We need to teach our children To deal with life, and coach them through their worries so they can function independently as adults. I think much has to do with the energy and perspective of the adults. Be positive, Downplay the ‘negative’ . Shots hurt, but most give shots. Falling down off bikes hurts, but its worth the fun. BH they get to continue school for this small fee.Sometimes we put our kids through much worse for much less, depends on what we want in the end....just my opinion.

You posted on another thread that contact tracing proves that the spread of the disease cannot be attributed schools. So then why in the world are we testing 20% of children in schools? Is there any data or science to prove that this testing will slow the spread? Has any doctor or medical association endorsed this? Ir was this made up by some politicians in the governor's office who randomly picked the number 20% out of a hat?

Also, is it mandatory to test 20% of people in hospitals? Common sense would dictate that covid is alot more likely to spread in hospitals than in schools.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 9:34 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
You posted on another thread that contact tracing proves that the spread of the disease cannot be attributed schools. So then why in the world are we testing 20% of children in schools? Is there any data or science to prove that this testing will slow the spread? Has any doctor or medical association endorsed this? Ir was this made up by some politicians in the governor's office who randomly picked the number 20% out of a hat?

Also, is it mandatory to test 20% of people in hospitals? Common sense would dictate that covid is alot more likely to spread in hospitals than in schools.

I don't want to be rude or nasty, but seriously? No offense, but how can someone even say that with a straight face, unless that someone literally have no insight how the world outside of their daled amos is functioning.

Are you aware of what's been going on in the hospitals since this all began? How the hospitals first shut down to any non-emergency, how they locked down to any outside visitors or support persons, how they test every single patient coming in through their door, how they handle those patients until they have their results?

A bit has changed since then. They do let in visitors, they have resumed elective surgeries, but everyone is screened and tested - visitors, staff and patients. All hospitals are functioning with strict protocols in place.

Perhaps you meant test 20% of people in a workplace?

(and I apologize if I offended you.)

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 10:30 am

In healthcare settings everyone 100% is tested weekly. Has been for months. But that makes sense more than bothering the kids with testing. Its just wrong to be testing asymptomatic unexposed to positive cases children.

HakarasHatov

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 11:16 am

I am not saying they should or shouldn’t test in schools, but currently it is our reality, and we should teach kids to deal with the curveballs that life throws at us. And if I have to choose 20% testing or no school I pick testing.

And no maybe there is no data that proves testing slows the spread, Although scientifically if you know about viruses it makes sense. But Science has not caught up to Hashem’s knowledge yet, so maybe they are wrong. But also there is no proof if the opposite either... that test spreads the virus or doesn’t slow the spread. Basically you are right, we don’t know, its our best guess IMO.

From my understanding hospitals test 100% Patients and workers . My relative just broke her arm in 3 places. She had to get it set in the emergency room and waited hours in pain for her test results before she could be admitted.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics