Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Chassidishe boys
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 10:56 pm
My son is turning 13 very soon, what clothing do I need to get him, what are musts

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 10:58 pm
If you are chassidish you know what chassidish bachurim wear.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:00 pm
White shirts
Washable black pants
Shabbos and voche suit
Coat for vochen and shabbos
Tzitis

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:09 pm
What's the thing of chassidishe shirts

Cotton or Wool Tzitis?

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What's the thing of chassidishe shirts

Cotton or Wool Tzitis?

I think only Rebbish men wear chassidish shirts. I don't think many Bar Mitzvah boys wear them.
The boys usually wear what their father wears.
Some wear cotton tzitzis, some wool, some wear their tzitzis inside. Depends on the family minhag. Same applies to the hat the boy will be wearing.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:12 pm
flowerpower wrote:
White shirts
Washable black pants
Shabbos and voche suit
Coat for vochen and shabbos
Tzitis

Chassidishe underwear.

Make sure the white shirts have sleeves large enough for the tefillin to fit.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:13 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
If you are chassidish you know what chassidish bachurim wear.

As you know there’s nothing that you can skip because as soon as he turns 13 he’ll need it. If he is already wearing some things you don’t need everything new. The type of bekitshas depends on your chasidus.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:14 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Chassidishe underwear.

Not all chassidish bachurim and men wear white gatches. Many wear colored boxers.
This is a really weird thread. Which chassidish person don't know how chassidish bachurim dress after their Bar Mitzvah?

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:15 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I think only Rebbish men wear chassidish shirts. I don't think many Bar Mitzvah boys wear them.
The boys usually wear what their father wears.
Some wear cotton tzitzis, some wool, some wear their tzitzis inside. Depends on the family minhag. Same applies to the hat the boy will be wearing.

Cassidish shirts are regular shirts but buttoned right over left and are mandatory in some chedarim and yeshivas.
Rebbishe shirts have no cuffs.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:17 pm
You need to find out what’s worn in his cheder and shul some places wear wool only some wear cotton some wear I some wear tzitzis in.
Some place wear buttons chassidish way and some don’t
Some boys wear chalat in cheder some wear suits.
Some boys wear nightgowns some pajamas some gotchas and some boxers

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:17 pm
Son will go with wool outside is it hard to wash any idea how to keep it clean

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:19 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Chassidishe underwear.

Underwear I skipped although everything else my son has ultra chassidish because that’s what he wanted.
Omg the shirts sleeves... very important that they fit over the tefilin but that’s trial and error. I only bought chassidish shirts but even among those not all are equally comfortable. He ripped brand new shirts by mistake trying to pull it over.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Son will go with wool outside is it hard to wash any idea how to keep it clean

Not trendy but wearing the suit vest keeps it pretty clean. Either figure out how to wash it or send to the cleaners.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:22 pm
This is not chassidish, more halacha but bar mitzva boys need tzitzis with the beged the proper shiur according to halacha.

dino

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:25 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
You need to find out what’s worn in his cheder and shul some places wear wool only some wear cotton some wear I some wear tzitzis in.
Some place wear buttons chassidish way and some don’t
Some boys wear chalat in cheder some wear suits.
Some boys wear nightgowns some pajamas some gotchas and some boxers
[quote]
Im not chassidish but this is why a mom would be asking what her kid needs. Such a normal question for a first son. I just made a litfish bar mitzva and of course I asked around to see what my son would need. There are lots of funny questions asked on imamother, I do not think this is one of them.
Also I second big enough shirts for tefillin. We figured that out the hard way. Hatzlacha and mazal tov!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:25 pm
nightgown as well
socks
shoes

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:29 pm
[quote="dino"]
Quote:

Im not chassidish but this is why a mom would be asking what her kid needs. Such a normal question for a first son. I just made a litfish bar mitzva and of course I asked around to see what my son would need. There are lots of funny questions asked on imamother, I do not think this is one of them.
Also I second big enough shirts for tefillin. We figured that out the hard way. Hatzlacha and mazal tov!

Every chassidish boy knows what he wants the friends discuss it in cheder. The stores also know what to sell. I’m making bar mitzva I. 6 months my son doesn’t stop talking about all these stuff

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:32 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Every chassidish boy knows what he wants the friends discuss it in cheder. The stores also know what to sell. I’m making bar mitzva I. 6 months my son doesn’t stop talking about all these stuff

Obviously not every

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:35 pm
[quote="dino"]
Quote:

Nope, it is not normal or common for a chassidish person to not know what Bachurim wear. It's a uniform. You walk into the dry goods store and tell them you need things for a Bar Mitzvah boy. There aren't too many options.
This can't be compared to shopping for non chassidish bar mitzvah boys.

Just One

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:37 pm
I just think this forum can cause more confusion than good. As you see above. What's a must in one place is weird in another. You need to speak to people who are familiar with your crowd and your community
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics