Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
S/O room temperature or warmed up formula bottles

Do you warm up the formula bottles?
Yes  
 35%  [ 15 ]
No  
 64%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 42

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 8:38 pm
Do you warm up the water or give room temp? I gave room temp but my baby never seemed to like his bottles. I’m wondering retroactively if it was because it wasn’t warmed up so it didn’t taste good.

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 8:50 pm
I like to get my babies used to room temperature bottles because it’s more convenient. However if your baby diesnt like formula you should try to warm it up to get them to like it and eventually taper off and get them used to room temperature.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 8:54 pm
I voted no because I don't "warm up" the bottle, I make it warm in the first place by using equal parts boiled water (I keep a hot water tank plugged in on my counter) and equal parts Poland Spring.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 8:58 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
I voted no because I don't "warm up" the bottle, I make it warm in the first place by using equal parts boiled water (I keep a hot water tank plugged in on my counter) and equal parts Poland Spring.

That’s what I meant... if you give warm bottles or room temperature.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 9:02 pm
I gave bottles straight from the refrigerator, and my babies liked them just fine.

silverlining3

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 9:18 pm
1 baby I was able to get used to room temperature, as well as to warm when I was home. Was very convenient. My next one, only only warm, wasn't so easy.

yersp

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 9:26 pm
I had found the perfect balance. How many ounces the baby drank, half would be refrigerated and when it was time for a bottle, I would add in percolator water for other half and it was perfect temperature. So for 4 ounces, I would have bottles with 2oz water in fridge and add in 2 oz hot water.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 9:26 pm
I heard that babies who ‘prefer’ warmed bottles are those that are used to drinking breast feeding directly from the breast where it is warm. I can’t imagine why an exclusively formula fed baby would know other than what was offered, which is my case is room
Temperature bottles

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 9:27 pm
Babies who are breastfed are used to warm milk so I warmed up bottles too.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 9:28 pm
My babies never had a problem with room temperature bottles. And they all started with breastfeeding before switching to formula. Warming up bottles was a habit I definitely didn’t want to get stuck with.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 11:07 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I heard that babies who ‘prefer’ warmed bottles are those that are used to drinking breast feeding directly from the breast where it is warm. I can’t imagine why an exclusively formula fed baby would know other than what was offered, which is my case is room
Temperature bottles

Nah. I've never breastfed. I just figure that when I'm home I may as well use warmer water as that's what's recommended. I just use half and half so I don't have to spend time warming up or cooling down.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 4:01 am
I always give warm bottles. I think its much better for digestion. And more comfortable for baby.
Its like sure I can eat a PB sandwich for lunch and be fine, but a hot soup would make me much more comfortable.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 6:14 am
My kid preferred room temp. She wouldn't take warm or straight out of the fridge. Had to be room temperature. Not a huge deal in the scheme of things.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics