Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Aggressive toddler

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 8:36 pm
Hi I’m wondering if anyone has had experience with this. My 2.5 yr old seems super aggressive. She will go over to random ppl on my block and start hitting them. Or when I’m waiting with her at her playgroup she’s will start hitting other kids. Her morah said she will go over to kids towers and just break them. She puts him in time out when she does this but doesn’t want him to be in time out all day! Another thing she does is yell or growl at ppl for no reason. I’ve never had my kids do this so I’m at a loss! Any ideas what type of help I can get her or what I can do about this?

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:24 am
Does she talk? She might be using actions to express her frustration with something, instead of words. In that case a speech evaluation and support might be helpful.
It sounds like she might also be seeking attention. Try not to give her negative attention for unwanted behaviors, but rather positive for wanted behaviors. Praise her when she does something good.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:27 am
While this is still very developmentally normal at this age, I would still test for acute and chronic strep. And it never hurts to improve gut health, good probiotics and eliminating inflammatory and neurotoxic foods can have a profound effect on behavior. Magnesium oil rubbed on the feet is also very calming.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:49 am
I wouldn’t put him in time out at home. I would remove him from all the kids and toys and calmly say “No. I don’t let hitting.” And just repeat as much as possible.
Knocks over tower- remove him from the toys “No. I don’t let knocking over toys. Moishy was building that. I think it would be nice to apologize.”

Read No Bad Kids by Janet Lansbury

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:52 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
While this is still very developmentally normal at this age, I would still test for acute and chronic strep. And it never hurts to improve gut health, good probiotics and eliminating inflammatory and neurotoxic foods can have a profound effect on behavior. Magnesium oil rubbed on the feet is also very calming.

Thanks for ur answers! I actually do think the strep thing cld b a possibility. I’m going to have her checked. And she does talk a lot so I don’t know if it’s a communication thing but it cld be. I’m going to also try to remove her from the situation when this happens.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics