Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Delicious meals 300 calories or less
Previous  1  2

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:10 am
I’m no expert, but this is what I understand

The body doesn’t know the difference between a good carb vs a not good carb.
It turns it all to glucose (or some useable form of sugar that can enter the cells)

The body can only have 1 TBSP of sugar in the blood stream at one time. More is toxic.
The body produces insulin when it sees this increase.
Insulin is a fat storage hormone. It turns all the extra glucose and everything that came in with it to fat
All food, except fat, spikes insulin, even protein, even veggies, BUT carb spikes it the most for the longest.
Lean proteins spike it more than fatty protein

Insulin resistance happen when the body stops listening to all the insulin it puts out so the body makes more and more. Insulin is fat storage.
Like if you scream all the time to your kids they learn to ignore the loud voice so you scream even louder.
Eventually the body gets worn out and can’t produce the amount needed to lower the glucose so glucose rises and that’s called diabetes
Too much glucose is toxic.

This is how I understand it but I’m no expert

Please check If something I wrote is wrong, enlighten me.

Sunshineforever

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:25 am
why no canned tuna?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 25 2020, 7:09 am
it sounds right what you wrote, the only piece I learned differently is that whole grains and refined grains are differentiated by the body.
meaning refined bread or pasta or white rice, the carbohydrate is simpler and less complex. the more complex the carbohydrate, the longer it takes the body to unravel it, so the sugar is released more slowly into the body, especially if it's eaten with protein and fat.
meaning licking a tablespoon of honey, the honey will go directly to the bloodstream. but eating a piece of whole grain toast with a healthy fat/protein....even if on paper it's the same amount of carbs as the tbs of honey, will be absorbed very differently by the body....
that's my understanding of it, but I'm no nutritionist!!
also interestingly enough, my friend who had gestational diabetes had to first test different foods, for some people carrots spiked their blood sugar !? I know if I have too much tomato sauce I get rapid heartbeat....
I love the idea of the Dr. Praeger's sandwhich!! that sounds great!!

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 8:20 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I’m no expert, but this is what I understand

The body doesn’t know the difference between a good carb vs a not good carb.
It turns it all to glucose (or some useable form of sugar that can enter the cells)

The body can only have 1 TBSP of sugar in the blood stream at one time. More is toxic.
The body produces insulin when it sees this increase.
Insulin is a fat storage hormone. It turns all the extra glucose and everything that came in with it to fat
All food, except fat, spikes insulin, even protein, even veggies, BUT carb spikes it the most for the longest.
Lean proteins spike it more than fatty protein

Insulin resistance happen when the body stops listening to all the insulin it puts out so the body makes more and more. Insulin is fat storage.
Like if you scream all the time to your kids they learn to ignore the loud voice so you scream even louder.
Eventually the body gets worn out and can’t produce the amount needed to lower the glucose so glucose rises and that’s called diabetes
Too much glucose is toxic.

This is how I understand it but I’m no expert

Please check If something I wrote is wrong, enlighten me.

I think the only part of this that is off is the amount of glucose in the blood stream is less than 1 tsp Depending on your size. Otherwise, you sound like me. And Jason Fung lol

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:14 am
oatmeal with splenda and a little lowfat milk

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 1:37 pm
My daughter likes to make shakshuka using salsa. You choose the number of eggs and amount of salsa you use. Both are easy to count calories for. Since you eat carbs, I’m sure you could also add bread.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 1:44 pm
Vegetable soup. 1/2 cup carb for The whole pot, lentils, barley, lokshen, beans, etc..
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise