Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
You all forgot bklyn schools are still closed!
1  2  3  4  5  Next

cookiewriter

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 12:35 pm
Far rockaway and queens reopened because rabbi bender is connected and the school there sued cuomo.
Brooklyn has been forgotten about. Boro Park and flatbush schools are closed! Our kids haven’t been back at school since succos. And no one cares. No one is fighting for us. Non essential stores are bleeding money bec they can’t be open. And to make everything worse inspectors are going’s round to private houses schools and stores and issuing summons
HELPPP

cnc

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 12:42 pm
The school that sued proved that they didn’t have a single COVID case .

But yes - I agree with you this is completely ridiculous

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 3:43 pm
cookiewriter wrote:
Far rockaway and queens reopened because rabbi bender is connected and the school there sued cuomo.
Brooklyn has been forgotten about. Boro Park and flatbush schools are closed! Our kids haven’t been back at school since succos. And no one cares. No one is fighting for us. Non essential stores are bleeding money bec they can’t be open. And to make everything worse inspectors are going’s round to private houses schools and stores and issuing summons
HELPPP

The school that sued was really all the schools working together and one school was chosen to be the plaintiff on the case. When people work together, you get results!! It is completely crazy that Brooklyn is still closed. Has Cuomo released any numbers recently that prove BP and Flatbush are still red?

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 4:17 pm
If so many Jewish women here are blaming us for being closed a month in, did you really expect our mayor and governor to look out for us?

No numbers, hardly any new cases, even less dangerous ones, but our governor is having a party because he can do whatever he wants.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 4:21 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
If so many Jewish women here are blaming us for being closed a month in, did you really expect our mayor and governor to look out for us?

No numbers, hardly any new cases, even less dangerous ones, but our governor is having a party because he can do whatever he wants.

I changed my mind very much in the last week due to the actions of Cuomo and DeBlasio. Cuomo made the orange zones yellow while keeping the red zones red, when the orange zones are still orange and the red zones may also be orange in certain places. But of course, the numbers are never accurate, so they can keep the obfuscation and pretend that they're not anti-Semitic.

DeBlasio has the Health Department and the Buildings Department targeting only Jewish schools and businesses. They skip over everything else. They are just "following orders." Sounds familiar?

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 4:34 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
I changed my mind very much in the last week due to the actions of Cuomo and DeBlasio. Cuomo made the orange zones yellow while keeping the red zones red, when the orange zones are still orange and the red zones may also be orange in certain places. But of course, the numbers are never accurate, so they can keep the obfuscation and pretend that they're not anti-Semitic.

DeBlasio has the Health Department and the Buildings Department targeting only Jewish schools and businesses. They skip over everything else. They are just "following orders." Sounds familiar?

I appreciate your honesty!

cuties' mom

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 4:34 pm
Believe me, I didn't forget. I have my autistic kid home 24/7 and can't find anyone to watch him when I work. Nobody in his school tested positive; each kid has their own 6x8 foot work area surrounded by plexiglass, staff wears n-95 masks, and the school takes every possible precaution to avoid spread. If anyone wants to use Reach for the Stars as the school to do the suing, there are many desperate parents who want their kids back in school. The administration keeps talking to politicians, but nothing is coming out of it.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 5:20 pm
If askanim and politicians can do anything for us maybe we should be turning to the courts in a more aggressive manner. Where are the lawsuits??!? I’m sure plenty of frum attorneys would be happy to help get suits together.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 5:23 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
If askanim and politicians can do anything for us maybe we should be turning to the courts in a more aggressive manner. Where are the lawsuits??!? I’m sure plenty of frum attorneys would be happy to help get suits together.

There are lawsuits happening. It's a process that doesn't happen overnight.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 5:30 pm
cuties' mom wrote:
Believe me, I didn't forget. I have my autistic kid home 24/7 and can't find anyone to watch him when I work. Nobody in his school tested positive; each kid has their own 6x8 foot work area surrounded by plexiglass, staff wears n-95 masks, and the school takes every possible precaution to avoid spread. If anyone wants to use Reach for the Stars as the school to do the suing, there are many desperate parents who want their kids back in school. The administration keeps talking to politicians, but nothing is coming out of it.

My heart bleeds for you. Posting amother here, though I usually post with my sn. RFTSLC was the school my sibling attended for years (actually was a pioneer in the very first class!)
I can’t even imagine what you’re going through having a kid with ASD home so long when all they crave is structure. Hug Hug Hug it was mother’s like you I posted about back in March who have it the hardest with least support. May Hashem give you koach & sanity to get through this and hoping hoping for all sn mommies out there that this craziness ends and kids can get back into their programs so the hard work and bloody tuition doesn’t go down the drain. ❤️ ❤️

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 5:42 pm
cookiewriter wrote:
HELPPP

Yup. I had to hire a security guard to stand in front of my house and not let anyone near my property. This world has gone mad.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 5:46 pm
The only way you can win is if you are loud and aggressive. Open your mouth and don’t stop. Use all your social media platforms to do it on as well.

If you have Instagram check out “ It’sallagift”’s page and story there. Her store got harassed none stop when she was closed! Other stores on her block are open and the inspectors that are “just following orders” ignored them.

avrahamama

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 5:51 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Yup. I had to hire a security guard to stand in front of my house and not let anyone near my property. This world has gone mad.

Mommy3b2c gets $#!! done!

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 5:55 pm
The courts are on cuomos side.

There is nothing to do really.

The governor of NY has crazy power.
He can’t be removed or impeached.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 6:07 pm
Brooklyn jews tried you sue. The judge favored cuomo (as usual). What can we do? I feel so hopeless.
Meanwhile, there are riots again in Brooklyn in correspondence with Philadelphia. But blasio and cuomo still send police into our neighborhoods, looking into OUR HOMES! It’s so sad and messed up Sad

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 6:11 pm
flowerpower wrote:
The only way you can win is if you are loud and aggressive. Open your mouth and don’t stop. Use all your social media platforms to do it on as well.

If you have Instagram check out “ It’sallagift”’s page and story there. Her store got harassed none stop when she was closed! Other stores on her block are open and the inspectors that are “just following orders” ignored them.

Email as many government agencies as possible and protest. I am using a fake email name becuase I'm scared to start up with them now but below is a copy and past of the email I am sending NYS/NYC government agencies.

I am not a resident of the NYS/NYC red zones. I am very concerned about the covid-19 virus and very scrupulous about following the safety guidelines.

I am writing however about something else which I find very disturbing. A common historical question asked is "where were all the good Germans when Hitler started persecuting the Jews? Why didn't they speak out?"

I never thought I would find myself in a similar situation to a German in the early 1930s but today I do and will not repeat their behavior.

At first I felt uncomfortable with Governor Cuomo's rhetoric about "Orthodox Jews" but still gave him the benefit of the doubt that this is only an effort to combat Covid-19.

To my sorrow I no longer can. Seeing video clip after video clip of New York government inspectors giving summons to CLOSED Jewish owned businesses and schools I realized that this cannot simply be innocent well meaning mistakes . This is not about Covid-19 anymore ( assuming it once was)It is about harassment of the Jews.

While I as the writer of this email am just a lone powerless voice who can little more than protest, you the reader can certainly do more.

Martin Luther King taught us “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"

Please do your part and have this harassment stop

I'm sure many other amothers have a lot better ability than me to write protest emails

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 6:23 pm
delete

Last edited by amother on Thu, Nov 05 2020, 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

imanonymous

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 6:24 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Email as many government agencies as possible and protest. I am using a fake email name becuase I'm scared to start up with them now but below is a copy and past of the email I am sending NYS/NYC government agencies.

I am not a resident of the NYS/NYC red zones. I am very concerned about the covid-19 virus and very scrupulous about following the safety guidelines.

I am writing however about something else which I find very disturbing. A common historical question asked is "where were all the good Germans when Hitler started persecuting the Jews? Why didn't they speak out?"

I never thought I would I find myself in a similar situation to a German in the early 1930s but today I do and will not repeat their behavior.

At first I felt uncomfortable with Governor Cuomo's rhetoric about "Orthodox Jews" but still gave him the benefit of the doubt that this is only an effort to combat Covid-19.

To my sorrow I no longer can. Seeing video clip after video clip of New York government inspectors giving summons to CLOSED Jewish owned businesses and schools I realized that this cannot simply be innocent well meaning mistakes . This is not about Covid-19 anymore ( assuming it once was)It is about harassment of the Jews.

While I as the writer of this email am just a lone powerless voice who can little more than protest, you the reader can certainly do more.

Martin Luther King taught us “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"

Please do your part and have this harassment stop

I'm sure many other amothers have a lot better ability than me to write protest emails

I wrote one under my name.

fleetwood

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 6:34 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

Do you live in a red zone?

fleetwood

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 6:36 pm
I have a question.. did far rockaway win their case or were they able to open Bec queens is no longer a red zone?
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics