Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Best pareve chocolate chip brand?
Previous  1  2

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:15 pm
mochamix18 wrote:
I actually had a nickname as a kid that was a pun off the dessert name. Anyway I remember also thinking but AND Tofutti were so yummy but I think we have better pareve ice cream today. Trader Joe’s pareve ice cream is amazing

Yes TJ’s is the best!

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:43 pm
california

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:50 pm
I also love Lieber's brand.

I live OOT and don't have Wegman's or Oppenheimers

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 12:59 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
For melting and dipping, Nestle's Simply Delicious is a great chocolate chip: https://www.target.com/p/nestl.....3p.ds

But Wegman's is is a very good chocolate chip for baking.

Odd. Didn't know Nestles was pareve.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 2:21 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Odd. Didn't know Nestles was pareve.

Only the simply line that is allergy free. They also have pareve white chocolate chips!
You can get it in your local Walmart according to my sources 😉

Odelyah

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 12:23 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Only the simply line that is allergy free. They also have pareve white chocolate chips!
You can get it in your local Walmart according to my sources 😉

wait what?? pareve white chocolate chips?? with actual cocoa butter as the first ingredient??? (and not shortening and titanium dioxide?) HY thank you for consistently providing me with all the most important info I need in my life Smile my master chef junior bakers here will be very delighted to have a new fun ingredient to play with and expand their repertoire Smile

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 12:37 pm
Wegmans- the white and red stripe bags
Nothing compares

egam

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 12:42 pm
Odelyah wrote:
wait what?? pareve white chocolate chips?? with actual cocoa butter as the first ingredient??? (and not shortening and titanium dioxide?) HY thank you for consistently providing me with all the most important info I need in my life Smile my master chef junior bakers here will be very delighted to have a new fun ingredient to play with and expand their repertoire Smile

I got them in Shoprite and Stop & Shop

seeker

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 12:44 pm
I usually buy ShopRite brand, they are parve, nut-free, generally inexpensive, and the flavor is good.
Though I have had others with richer flavor, they're just harder to find for me.

Odelyah

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 12:47 pm
egam wrote:
I got them in Shoprite and Stop & Shop

do they remain distinct in a cookie after baking egam and HY? once I found natural dairy-free white chips in a health food store but they kind of became clear and melted into the cookie. so they were kind of a let-down.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 12:50 pm
Odelyah wrote:

It’s just cocoa butter, sugar, and tapioca starch. Maybe one other starch.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 12:51 pm
Odelyah wrote:
do they remain distinct in a cookie after baking egam and HY? once I found natural dairy-free white chips in a health food store but they kind of became clear and melted into the cookie. so they were kind of a let-down.

Yup. They have a bit of a starchy texture, but no one else seems to notice it when I use them!

Odelyah

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 12:57 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
It’s just cocoa butter, sugar, and tapioca starch. Maybe one other starch.
I know! I looked it up--so exciting!! Smile

Odelyah

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 12:59 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Yup. They have a bit of a starchy texture, but no one else seems to notice it when I use them!

yay! I'm going to surprise my daughter--she will be so excited to have this much coveted baking ingredient off my "banned" list Wink

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 1:06 pm
Odelyah wrote:
yay! I'm going to surprise my daughter--she will be so excited to have this much coveted baking ingredient off my "banned" list Wink

Party

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 1:30 pm
Paskesz is the best. Ive tried most brands. Wegmans, liebers, doesn't compare. I think I've had oppenheimers also. And real chopped chocolate is the very best.

I think people have different tastes because so many people wrote Wegmans and brands that I think do not taste good. So it depends on your taste buds.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 6:21 pm
Odelyah wrote:
LOL
Glad to be of assistance. Didn't know this ranked as important 😉
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics