Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
You all forgot bklyn schools are still closed!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 6:36 pm
fleetwood wrote:
I have a question.. did far rockaway win their case or were they able to open Bec queens is no longer a red zone?

They won the case the morning before the zone changes.

gold21

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 6:41 pm
fleetwood wrote:
I have a question.. did far rockaway win their case or were they able to open Bec queens is no longer a red zone?

They filed in court, and that same day their zone was changed to yellow. The people filing the case send their kids to a school that had no cases of covid, so it looked like a likely win for them.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 6:46 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Do you live in a red zone?

No uptick in cases in my zip code, but king Cuomo made it a red zone anyway.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 6:47 pm
avrahamama wrote:
Mommy3b2c gets $#!! done!

Working on an epic video now too. Look out for it. It’s going to go viral.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 6:53 pm
cuties' mom wrote:
Believe me, I didn't forget. I have my autistic kid home 24/7 and can't find anyone to watch him when I work. Nobody in his school tested positive; each kid has their own 6x8 foot work area surrounded by plexiglass, staff wears n-95 masks, and the school takes every possible precaution to avoid spread. If anyone wants to use Reach for the Stars as the school to do the suing, there are many desperate parents who want their kids back in school. The administration keeps talking to politicians, but nothing is coming out of it.
I have a child in a special needs school who got permission to open after emailing the mayor (plus a lot of other hoops with the health department. Maybe your school could do the same.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 6:59 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Brooklyn jews tried you sue. The judge favored cuomo (as usual). What can we do? I feel so hopeless.
Meanwhile, there are riots again in Brooklyn in correspondence with Philadelphia. But blasio and cuomo still send police into our neighborhoods, looking into OUR HOMES! It’s so sad and messed up Sad

Only Agudath Israel sued on behalf of shuls (looks like mostly queens and far rockaway as well), their appeal is pending and will be combined with the Catholic church appeal-- https://www.pacermonitor.com/p.....Cuomo

Two monsey shuls sued and their case is ongoing-- https://www.pacermonitor.com/p.....et_al

None of the schools in Brooklyn sued so cuomo has no incentive of opening their schools. The schools in queens/far rockaway sued, so he opened them but the case is still pending-- https://www.pacermonitor.com/p.....et_al

Not sure why parents sending kids to Brooklyn schools in the red zone arent suing nor is it clear why the previous plaintiffs in the synagogue lawsuit isnt going back to court to ask the judge to hold cuomo in contempt for violating the court orders. Brooklyn needs to start suing and making noise otherwise cuomo will continue to harass and bully the "red zones" without consequence (especially now that they refuse to release the data by zip code, someone needs to sue them for the data and go through it with a fine tooth comb to ensure that the actual data is from people living in the zip codes instead of in surrounding areas). And for those saying that the judges are on cuomo's side, you can complain about the judges to ensure that they are being fair and impartial (check if they have any affiliation with blm or other anti-semitic organizations, etc). Come on Brooklyn, sue, sue sue!!

cuties' mom

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:13 pm
It costs money to sue unless you know a lawyer who works for free.

cuties' mom

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:14 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
I have a child in a special needs school who got permission to open after emailing the mayor (plus a lot of other hoops with the health department. Maybe your school could do the same.

The mayor doesn't respond to emails. The school is trying everything.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:23 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

Make sure to message it to me when it's ready so I can help the viral load spread! Very Happy

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:30 pm
cuties' mom wrote:
It costs money to sue unless you know a lawyer who works for free.

Contact the same lawyer who is doing the far rockaway school, ask them for assistance with brooklyn schools as well (or referrals to other agencies who would be willing to do it)-- https://www.becketlaw.org/

The Lawfare Projects claims to help Jews as well, try to reach out to them to see if they can help-- https://www.thelawfareproject.org/

You can check to see if the pro-se legal assistance clinic would be willing to help you file the case or refer you to someone who would be willing to do it pro-bono-- https://nysd.uscourts.gov/atto.....tance

Check if there are any lawyers who represent children with special needs who would be willing to take on the case pro-bono as well. I will try to do some more research to see if there may be anyone else who could do this but you can start by googling and seeing what you come up with.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:32 pm
The children in Brooklyn are almost all in school. Maybe the schools need to use their money for the daily 15000 tickets, theres no money left to sue. Who knows...

I haven't heard of inspectors coming to private houses, only where there are unlawful classes. Are they now randomly going to peoples homes?

Also, I'm not sure if he reopened the schools in queens after the lawsuit. It may be coincidence. He announced that they moved to the yellow zone because the numbers went down.

The thing is that our governor and mayor have lost all credibility. They don't give out numbers, when they do its old or inaccurate...its a real mess

rikkik

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:36 pm
some of the local Yeshiva's are just giving up and trying to open.
They are getting harassed either way, getting fines even while closed. We have inspectors roaming our residential streets, checking out homes, trying to catch if, C"V, Jewish boys and girls may be going to their friends to study. Terrible! Horrible!
I have a grandfather who had to go underground to learn during communism. I know this is not the KGB, but it brings up those feelings.
And they magically stopped releasing the numbers. My only conclusion is that we are not the highest positivity rate in brooklyn, yet are continued to be shut down, inspectors are roaming are streets.
IT IS CRAZY.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:52 pm
I'm in Brooklyn. My six kids are in three separate schools, my nephew's in another, and I teach in a yet another school. All are in red zones...and all--yes, all-- are having class daily, in person, from 9ish to three or three thirty, in different houses. It's so hard to manage the schedules (especially since dh is working full time), all the pickups and drop offs, plus my own teaching....much harder than actual lockdown was...and we're all struggling to make it work.

You can't shut down certain areas. No one is sitting at home instead of shopping or eating out, we're just going a few blocks further away.

ROFL

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:57 pm
I drove thru Boro park today. School buses are all around. Schools are open. Kids are going into school buildings. I parked in a school zone and a bus pulled behind me and yelled at me to Move since it is a school zone. I said that there is no school it is a red zone They yelled at me for blocking them. 311 said I can’t park in a school zone. I saw a police man and asked and they said school is open here can’t park in school zone. This is a big joke.

cuties' mom

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:07 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Contact the same lawyer who is doing the far rockaway school, ask them for assistance with brooklyn schools as well (or referrals to other agencies who would be willing to do it)-- https://www.becketlaw.org/

The Lawfare Projects claims to help Jews as well, try to reach out to them to see if they can help-- https://www.thelawfareproject.org/

You can check to see if the pro-se legal assistance clinic would be willing to help you file the case or refer you to someone who would be willing to do it pro-bono-- https://nysd.uscourts.gov/atto.....tance

Check if there are any lawyers who represent children with special needs who would be willing to take on the case pro-bono as well. I will try to do some more research to see if there may be anyone else who could do this but you can start by googling and seeing what you come up with.

I emailed the first 2 places. I feel bad doing it since ds does really well on Zoom and he enjoys his new schedule, but I'm pretending not to notice that he's on a dumping spree in my kitchen. It's the parents who need the schools, and I'm advocating for those that need it most and can't take the time to send out some emails.

Laiya

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:21 pm
gold21 wrote:
They filed in court, and that same day their zone was changed to yellow. The people filing the case send their kids to a school that had no cases of covid, so it looked like a likely win for them.

This. Unfortunately no written decision

chocolatecake

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:41 pm
fleetwood wrote:

Because queens is no longer a red zone.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:43 pm
cookiewriter wrote:
Far rockaway and queens reopened because rabbi bender is connected and the school there sued cuomo.
Brooklyn has been forgotten about. Boro Park and flatbush schools are closed! Our kids haven’t been back at school since succos. And no one cares. No one is fighting for us. Non essential stores are bleeding money bec they can’t be open. And to make everything worse inspectors are going’s round to private houses schools and stores and issuing summons
HELPPP

No they’re not closed, they’re operating quietly and illegally.

mfb

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:45 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

Post it here and we’ll help send it out all around the world’

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:47 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Make sure to message it to me when it's ready so I can help the viral load spread! Very Happy

Don’t worry. I will!!
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics