Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Has anyone dealt with dry skin under eyes and eyelids?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:30 pm
I’ve never had this before. I usually have pretty good skin. Suddenly I’m noticing that my skin under my eyes and on eyelids is dry and peeling. When I use face moisturizer my skin burns for a long time after!
Looking for advice on how to treat this.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:36 pm
Omg! Did a double-take I thought I wrote this post.

Same op, never had this. Two weeks ago I started noticing this nothing helps. It's worse on my eyelids it's peeling, only things that I was able to prevent peeling was with Bacitracin.

I always had oily skin

Genius

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:36 pm
Following. My kids also have this now. I’m wondering if it’s related to the steam/heat I just began using

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:45 pm
I don’t know if this is what you mean - my son occasionally gets dry flaky skin along his eyelash line.
It’s eczema and he gets a prescription to treat.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’ve never had this before. I usually have pretty good skin. Suddenly I’m noticing that my skin under my eyes and on eyelids is dry and peeling. When I use face moisturizer my skin burns for a long time after!
Looking for advice on how to treat this.

It does sound like eczema.
My relative just had this, the only thing that worked is the blue aveeno bottle. It might sting for a minute but it helps! Also, if it’s extremely bothersome, try going off dairy and gluten, even just for a week to get the inflammation down. That really helped for her.

And you’ll never believe this: she never had eczema until the morning after the wedding, when she woke up with hives... and that turned into eczema two weeks later. she went around to doctors, and finally one Frum doctor was able to tell her that it was an allergic reaction to facial hair. Whenever she was intimate she would break out. Awkward!

yksraya

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:53 pm
Dh had this. He was told to take the vitamin biotin.

SDmother

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:54 pm
Sounds like it's seborrheic dermatitis.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics