Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
You all forgot bklyn schools are still closed!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

honeymoon

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:51 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Don’t worry. I will!!

looking forward! Very Happy

nanny24/7

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 9:06 pm
Wait is it true they are issuing summoms to private houses?!!!
Summons claiming what violation?
And who is it issued to? The resident? The owner of the property?
This is absurd!!!

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 9:23 pm
nanny24/7 wrote:
Wait is it true they are issuing summoms to private houses?!!!
Summons claiming what violation?
And who is it issued to? The resident? The owner of the property?
This is absurd!!!

The violation of teaching kids in your house. What bigger crime then that ?

flowerpower

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 9:31 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

How do they know you’re teaching a class? Maybe it’s a few neighbors playing together out of boredom?

rikkik

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 9:37 pm
According to King Cuomo's edict, it is illegal to hold a gathering in your home for more than 10 people. The inspectors are getting tips from non-Jews, and waiting outside of the homes to see if they can count 10 boys going in/out of the home.
It is fairly obvious that we are doing underground school. If you walk through the streets at certain times of the day, you see countless boys on bikes, scooters, with shopping bags. The inspectors are approaching the boys, and asking them where they are going, and are they studying by their friends house. Many of us had to tell our young boys to scream stranger danger if approached.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 9:37 pm
flowerpower wrote:
How do they know you’re teaching a class? Maybe it’s a few neighbors playing together out of boredom?

Look at these "guidelines" for red zones. Crying

Houses of Worship
Houses of worship may remain open at 25% capacity, up to a maximum of 10 people, whichever is fewer.

Gatherings
Non-essential gatherings of any size are prohibited and must be postponed or cancelled. Any individual who encourages, promotes or organizes mass gatherings may be fined up to $15,000/day.

Businesses
All nonessential businesses are required to close. Only essential businesses as designated by New York State Empire State Development Corporation can remain open.
Dining Restaurants, bars, cafes and other food service establishments can provide takeout and delivery service only. No indoor or outdoor dining is allowed.

Schools
All New York City public schools and nonpublic schools must close and return to full remote learning.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 9:40 pm
If your neighbors are not Jewish, if they see or hear lots of kids coming every day, they will probably report it.
Two neighbors whose kids are playing together are probably not raising suspicion.
People are probably looking out for Jews who are breaking the rules. The Hispanic couple who invite a few dozen friends to a party could also get in trouble if someone reports it.
Some things come out after a group of people test positive such as the 8th grader who wasn't feeling well (not Jewish) but who hosted a birthday party for her friends.
Basically kids who want to learn together probably have to cap the size at 10 and call it a religious service.

rikkik

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 9:45 pm
southernbubby wrote:
If your neighbors are not Jewish, if they see or hear lots of kids coming every day, they will probably report it.
Two neighbors whose kids are playing together are probably not raising suspicion.
People are probably looking out for Jews who are breaking the rules. The Hispanic couple who invite a few dozen friends to a party could also get in trouble if someone reports it.
Some things come out after a group of people test positive such as the 8th grader who wasn't feeling well (not Jewish) but who hosted a birthday party for her friends.
Basically kids who want to learn together probably have to cap the size at 10 and call it a religious service.

From reading your post, it is obvious that you do not live in a red zone.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 9:49 pm
rikkik wrote:
From reading your post, it is obvious that you do not live in a red zone.

My zip code is 10952 which is a red zone so why do you say that?

nanny24/7

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 9:49 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

Aaaaarghhh
Horrible!
Though sadly I am not surprised.
I know a 13 year old boy who was followed by a vehicle with 2 inspectors inside for over 10 minutes, they repeatedly stopped and rolled down the window to ask him where he is going and why, and when he tried going up into a dead end the inspectors jumped out of the car and followed him to question him.

mfb

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 9:54 pm
Please tell your kids to walk to the closest frum grocery store so that they can get away from these monsters!

southernbubby

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:00 pm
I know that people around here have been doing schools in basements unless their schools are out of the red zones and one kid told me that they are in a red zone but manage to hide the fact that the school is open. I haven't seen inspectors following kids here in Monsey and my street is totally frum and I can't imagine that the inspectors would find out about it.
Both of my Brooklyn kids have non-Jewish neighbors and wouldn't attempt hosting the class in their homes but they are not in a red zone.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:00 pm
nanny24/7 wrote:
Aaaaarghhh
Horrible!
I know a 13 year old boy who was followed by a vehicle with 2 inspectors inside for over 10 minutes, they repeatedly stopped and rolled down the window to ask him where he is going and why, and when he tried going up into a dead end the inspectors jumped out of the car and followed him to question him.

That’s pure evil. Why are they torturing children? My kids have been photographed and questioned multiple times. Luckily, all the adults in their life are calm about this whole situation so they are taking it well.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:02 pm
mfb wrote:
Please tell your kids to walk to the closest frum grocery store so that they can get away from these monsters!

Can't the kids carry those loud shriekers that would alert people that there is stranger danger?

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:06 pm
Yes, I also heard about inspectors harassing children. I unfortunately, had to have a re-talk with my kids about stranger danger.
My daughter was out playing with friends and a passing black car photographed them.

Laiya

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:15 pm
nanny24/7 wrote:
Aaaaarghhh
Horrible!

Surprised That is horrific!

nanny24/7

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:42 pm
Laiya wrote:
Surprised That is horrific!

Gosh I know!!!!!

Goldie613

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:55 pm
nanny24/7 wrote:
Aaaaarghhh
Horrible!

Is there a Shomrim society or local volunteer patrol group in your area? Can the kids be told to call them right away if they are being followed?

Also - though it may cause more trouble than it's worth - you could start spreading the word about this to the news and social media, about how children are being followed, scared and threatened by city workers

TCR

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:57 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Yup. I had to hire a security guard to stand in front of my house and not let anyone near my property. This world has gone mad.

are inspectors really going to private homes? whatever for?

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:59 pm
If inspectors are following kids,and this is your child, you need to call your councilman, the news, somebody!! We need to get this out there! Expose this!
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics