Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
P-EBT issues so frustrated
Previous  1  2

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:24 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Have you ever had Medicaid in the past? I heard they put it on that card even if the card is ancient and you no longer have those services.

That’s what they wrote on the letter but when I go to a store it asks for my pin and I don’t know it

Who can I call???

seeker

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 11:09 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
That’s what they wrote on the letter but when I go to a store it asks for my pin and I don’t know it

Who can I call???
Is there a number on the back of the card to reset your pin?

BTW I posted here after despairing from weeks of trying to get through, and then within a day after posting I finally reached a person who was able to sort it all out. I just got the replacement for the card that was supposedly sent in July.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 11:13 pm
for whoever had trouble using -- there are instructions that came with the card, how to activate and set a pin.
only some schools have lunches that are eligible - I got for 3 of 4 of my kids (my daughter's school doesn't have federal lunch program). cards seem to have approx $400

losingweight

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 11:16 pm
someone told me not to throw the cards. They may renew the program and refill the cards.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 1:05 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
I got cards for my children now for the first time. How much money is on it? Do I just use it in the store like a credit card?

It should be $420 per child.

Mine came with instructions how to set it up. You call a phone number, follow the prompts, and set a PIN.

You can use it in any store that accepts ebt cards- pretty much all grocery/food stores. You can only use it to buy food items.

runninglate

Post Thu, Nov 05 2020, 9:05 am
Anyone knows what to do if I am having the same problem as seeker, but I checked the info the school gave and it is correct?

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Nov 05 2020, 9:36 am
I couldn’t activate one of my cards. I called the number on the paper , they directed me to call a different number , and once I got through there the person asked for the card #, zip, and birthday, and then gave me the incorrect birthday that the school had put down (they mixed up one number) and told me to use that to activate the card. From start to finish these calls etc took under 20 minutes.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries