Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How to get my child medication out of state?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 12:47 pm
How do people go about sending their kids medications when they are in schools out of state? The pharmacy in my daughter's city said that a New York doctor can't call in the narcotic prescription, only a local doctor. I'm not sure about sending it in the mail. Any ideas?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 1:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How do people go about sending their kids medications when they are in schools out of state? The pharmacy in my daughter's city said that a New York doctor can't call in the narcotic prescription, only a local doctor. I'm not sure about sending it in the mail. Any ideas?

What about shopoing it via FedEx? You'll have a tracking number and you'll know when it will be delivered.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 2:15 pm
[quote="ra_mom"]What about shopoing it via FedEx? You'll have a tracking number and you'll know when it will be delivered.[/quote

Pretty sure it’s against the law to mail or ship medication. Especially narcotics. It may get confiscated. I had a medication seized by law enforcement (and it wasn’t a narcotic)

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 2:51 pm
[quote="amother [ Ecru ]"]
ra_mom wrote:
What about shopoing it via FedEx? You'll have a tracking number and you'll know when it will be delivered.[/quote

Pretty sure it’s against the law to mail or ship medication. Especially narcotics. It may get confiscated. I had a medication seized by law enforcement (and it wasn’t a narcotic)

Pfizer used to ship our medication monthly.
I used to say my $2000 box just arrived LOL

And more recently with Covid our doctor shipped a $15,500 medication (not narcotic)

Last edited by amother on Fri, Oct 30 2020, 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 2:58 pm
You’ll need to get the pharmacy to ship it

cnc

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 2:59 pm
ra_mom wrote:
What about shopoing it via FedEx? You'll have a tracking number and you'll know when it will be delivered.

Illegal .
Especially crossing state lines .

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 3:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

She'll need to get a prescription from a local doctor.

ETA -- her doctor may be able to send the prescription to a mail order pharmacy associated with your insurance, which can send it to her. But she will need to sign for the package.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics