Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Help me understand this...
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:14 pm
This week alone I have about 5 local simchos to attend. From recent experience there will not be social distancing or masks worn. I also know two people locally who died from corona virus this week. I feel like I’m living in a twilight zone. Am I missing something? People are dying but we’re just living life as usual? I’m not advocating a complete lockdown, but throwing parties with no precautions? I feel completely confused. I went to one of the shiva houses and felt stupid wearing a mask even though it was so crowded. There was a tiny handful of people wearing masks, some under their noses.. I feel like I don’t even know what’s right or wrong. I don’t want to be crazy, but that’s what I feel like if I even attempt to take any precautions.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:22 pm
I used to live in Michigan and they just released a bunch of new restrictions because they realize that social gatherings of all types mean that people don't wear masks or do social distancing and the hospitals are getting full again.
It's a very harsh reality that people have to suffer crushing isolation or risk catching and spreading the virus and now many places are cracking down with more enforcement.
It will probably take some busted up gatherings with fines and maybe other headaches such as enforced quarantine before people stop.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This week alone I have about 5 local simchos to attend. From recent experience there will not be social distancing or masks worn. I also know two people locally who died from corona virus this week. I feel like I’m living in a twilight zone. Am I missing something? People are dying but we’re just living life as usual? I’m not advocating a complete lockdown, but throwing parties with no precautions? I feel completely confused. I went to one of the shiva houses and felt stupid wearing a mask even though it was so crowded. There was a tiny handful of people wearing masks, some under their noses.. I feel like I don’t even know what’s right or wrong. I don’t want to be crazy, but that’s what I feel like if I even attempt to take any precautions.

You are right, this is the twilight zone. I never thought I'd live in a time where people care more about a simcha than they do about human life. I too do NOT support total lockdown but minor simchas like l'chaims, upshirin, & sheva brachos must stop and major simchas like weddings and bar mitzvahs should only have very few masked people. Masking and social distancing in shul, school, and work are necessary to stop Corona infections that will lead to infertility and death.
How many Yidden have to die, be rendered infertile, or become chronic Covid patients before people start taking precautions?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:46 pm
Again....

Maybe search one of the 754,902 threads about this.

Assuming you’re in the USA, our country is divided in half.

Some believe we need to continue living in fear and some believe we need to reopen and take a chance.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:52 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Again....

Some believe we need to continue living in fear and some believe we need to reopen and take a chance.

Being careful is not living in fear...I am very careful and am not scared at all

Fuchsia

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:54 pm
Again....

What about those who believe there’s a golden middle way?

We can be open but take necessary precautions like wearing masks and social distancing. What’s the excuse not to? Why do we have to take the chance of getting sick when we can be just as “reopened” without the risks? I just don’t get it.

Your reasoning doesn’t fly.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:59 pm
Our country is divided into 2 insane extremes. Lockdown and hide in a bunker or go out and party and kiss every stranger.
There’s such a thing as in between. You don’t have to be anti mask to believe we can go to the mall. We can re-open and live our life with minor changes in place. Keep large gatherings outdoors, use masks and sanitize frequently and if your sick, for gods sake, STAY HOME!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:59 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Being careful is not living in fear...I am very careful and am not scared at all

Careful is relative.
Some think masks are too careful.

I go to places, packed Simchas etc.
I have no problem being in the same room as a Covid patient without a mask.
I’ve done it and will continue doing it again.

I think masks are just a mandated thing to get power. But you can choose to beleive what you want.

It’s just a waste to keep discussing it.

And I know that 50 percent of our country, including hundreds of brilliant educated people, are behind me in that.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 7:02 pm
Oh and that doesn’t take away from the tragedies Covid causes in March- June.
I’ve lost so many people in my community and friends.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 7:03 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Our country is divided into 2 insane extremes. Lockdown and hide in a bunker or go out and party and kiss every stranger.
There’s such a thing as in between. You don’t have to be anti mask to believe we can go to the mall. We can re-open and live our life with minor changes in place. Keep large gatherings outdoors, use masks and sanitize frequently and if your sick, for gods sake, STAY HOME!

Again, that’s your choice if you beleive in that.
But please don’t force others to do what was proven to be otherwise. Those studies are just hidden by the politicians and media.

imorethanamother

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 7:03 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:

How many Yidden have to die, be rendered infertile, or become chronic Covid patients before people start taking precautions?

I'm all for taking precautions. I'm all for having small simchas that are masked. I'm all for being masked at schools and being careful.

But what I'm not for is taking every fear-mongering article as fact. As of right now, there are no instances of Covid rendering anyone infertile. Covid hasn't been around long enough for anyone to be termed "chronic". And right now, even CNN is mystified as to why the fatality rate is greatly reduced (thank you, Hashem).

I'm saying this for your sake. If you want people to take you seriously, don't exaggerate. If you want people to take measurable steps to safety, don't sell them falsehoods as incentive.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 7:04 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:

Right this is my point exactly. I don’t think schools should close, I don’t think businesses should close. But I don’t understand why at least where I live it’s basically all or nothing.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 7:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Right this is my point exactly. I don’t think schools should close, I don’t think businesses should close. But I don’t understand why at least where I live it’s basically all or nothing.

For the reason the our politicians feed us only lies.
And people like me who do my own research and education, are horrified yet fascinated to learn the lies surrounding Covid.

Maybe start educating yourself from reliable sources, not just from Cuomos twitter page, and then you’ll learn both sides of the coin too.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 7:12 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I used to live in Michigan and they just released a bunch of new restrictions because they realize that social gatherings of all types mean that people don't wear masks or do social distancing and the hospitals are getting full again.
It's a very harsh reality that people have to suffer crushing isolation or risk catching and spreading the virus and now many places are cracking down with more enforcement.
It will probably take some busted up gatherings with fines and maybe other headaches such as enforced quarantine before people stop.

The hospital workers are fed up. We’re back to two masks, face shields or goggles, hair coverings, gowns, and shoe covers. For 12 hours. Our ability to allow visitors is about to be curtailed. But enjoy your wedding.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 7:13 pm
Careful is relative.
Some think masks are too careful.

I go to places, packed Simchas etc.
I have no problem being in the same room as a Covid patient without a mask.
I’ve done it and will continue doing it again.

I think masks are just a mandated thing to get power. But you can choose to beleive what you want.

It’s just a waste to keep discussing it.

And I know that 50 percent of our country, including hundreds of brilliant educated people, are behind me in that.

This is criminal. You could have blood on your hands and not even know it.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 7:17 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:

There will be a din v'cheshbon for every person who contributed to death or even suffering because of their obstinance, gaava, or sheer laziness.

Wine, thank you for your work in the front lines.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 7:18 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
The hospital workers are fed up. We’re back to two masks, face shields or goggles, hair coverings, gowns, and shoe covers. For 12 hours. Our ability to allow visitors is about to be curtailed. But enjoy your wedding.

Exactly.
Why yall trust your fancy studies on the internet more than your friends and neighbors who work in the hospitals?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 7:19 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:

Guess what?
When you stand on line in the grocery or sit at your nail salon, with a mask on, you have the same blood on your hands.

Riding the subway, being at the airport, no mask will prevent spreading Covid if you are carrying it.

Besides, your politicians who feed you info that Hydroxychloroquine is unsafe and doesn’t treat Covid, have a lot more blood on their hands.
If they wouldn’t deny this lifesaving medicine, many lives would be safe.

But just continue living and believing the lies.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 7:20 pm
For the reason the our politicians feed us only lies.
And people like me who do my own research and education, are horrified yet fascinated to learn the lies surrounding Covid.

Maybe start educating yourself from reliable sources, not just from Cuomos twitter page, and then you’ll learn both sides of the coin too.

I don’t live in NY believe it or not, so cuomo is not really on my radar.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 7:20 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
There will be a din v'cheshbon for every person who contributed to death or even suffering because of their obstinance, gaava, or sheer laziness.

Wine, thank you for your work in the front lines.

Our lying politicians are the only ones woth blood on their hands.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics