Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Has any school given responses yet?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 10:01 pm
I applied to five different schools for primary and only got one interview two weeks ago. I called each school to make sure they got my application and was told yes and that it can take up to six weeks to get a response. How long does it take to hear back from the schools, either in the form of an interview, acceptance, or rejection letter?
Did anyone actually get into school already??

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Oct 27 2020, 10:04 pm
Some schools give interviews and then tell people within a day they are accepted. So I do know a few, not many people who were already accepted. Schools do take 6 weeks to get through all the interviews. Although they are filling up slots as they do interviews. Have pull call the schools that didn't schedule interviews with you yet.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:50 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Some schools give interviews and then tell people within a day they are accepted. So I do know a few, not many people who were already accepted. Schools do take 6 weeks to get through all the interviews. Although they are filling up slots as they do interviews. Have pull call the schools that didn't schedule interviews with you yet.

Does that mean I didn't get into the school that gave me an interview if I didn't hear back from them already? Which schools do you know that accepted already? Getting nervous!!

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 11:10 am
I know people who got into meoros and bnos esther malka already.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 12:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does that mean I didn't get into the school that gave me an interview if I didn't hear back from them already? Which schools do you know that accepted already? Getting nervous!!

No it doesn't mean you didn't get in. Do you have any connections to that school at all? If you do have them call to remind them that you exist.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 2:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Depends which school but if you did not get a rejection letter yet it could mean they are still considering you. Do you have people calling on your behalf to any of the schools you applied to? Without that it's next to impossible to get an interview in some places. Interviews are just starting but some schools have few slots and they go quickly, some slowly accept throughout the year. Which are you specifically interested in maybe we can give you a better idea?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 11:31 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Depends which school but if you did not get a rejection letter yet it could mean they are still considering you. Do you have people calling on your behalf to any of the schools you applied to? Without that it's next to impossible to get an interview in some places. Interviews are just starting but some schools have few slots and they go quickly, some slowly accept throughout the year. Which are you specifically interested in maybe we can give you a better idea?

I didn't get any rejection letters yet, but still only one interview with meoros. I applied to nachlas, bnos bracha. bnos devorah, and tiferes also but haven't heard back from any of them. I tried having people call for me but it didn't seem to make a difference. This is so frustrating!!!

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 11:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I didn't get any rejection letters yet, but still only one interview with meoros. I applied to nachlas, bnos bracha. bnos devorah, and tiferes also but haven't heard back from any of them. I tried having people call for me but it didn't seem to make a difference. This is so frustrating!!!

Bnos devora is one of the hardest schools to get into unless you have major pull. Meoros does tend to fill slots early but if you have someone there who can call for follow up you may get feedback if you're still in the running or if they're full. The others I would say keep calling, nachlas definitely started interviews but they have three primary classes so they still should have slots. I don't know much about tiferes.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 2:47 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Bnos devora is one of the hardest schools to get into unless you have major pull. Meoros does tend to fill slots early but if you have someone there who can call for follow up you may get feedback if you're still in the running or if they're full. The others I would say keep calling, nachlas definitely started interviews but they have three primary classes so they still should have slots. I don't know much about tiferes.

I called nachlas today and they said they’re full. I hate this!!

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 3:19 pm
I know someone who got into Bnos Brocha a little bit after her interview...but you said you didn’t have an interview yet?

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 3:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Is Tiferes=Tiferes Bais yaakov. Some years they have zero non sibling slots. And don’t have room for alumni children applicants. It’s a small school so very few slots Sad

It’s not a reflection of you. Just how few slots there. And with all the ppl that moved here during covid I’d imagine this year being even harder
(I got my girls into school in August - and it is an amazing school. I really believe Hashem had a plan for me all along. But at the time it was hard)

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 3:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I called nachlas today and they said they’re full. I hate this!!

There is no way they're full yet. It might be code for youre not on top of our list try somewhere else but if you can think of more pull, even parents who have sent for a few years already please have them call on your behalf. It's one big fat game, I wish it weren't.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 3:25 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
I know someone who got into Bnos Brocha a little bit after her interview...but you said you didn’t have an interview yet?

no, I didn't get an interview...

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 3:26 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Is Tiferes=Tiferes Bais yaakov. Some years they have zero non sibling slots. And don’t have room for alumni children applicants. It’s a small school so very few slots Sad

It’s not a reflection of you. Just how few slots there. And with all the ppl that moved here during covid I’d imagine this year being even harder
(I got my girls into school in August - and it is an amazing school. I really believe Hashem had a plan for me all along. But at the time it was hard)

Tiferes isn't a small school. I'm talking about Mrs. Rosansky's school. Either way, I haven't heard back from them...I know its not a reflection of me, but it still feels horrible.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 3:27 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
There is no way they're full yet. It might be code for youre not on top of our list try somewhere else but if you can think of more pull, even parents who have sent for a few years already please have them call on your behalf. It's one big fat game, I wish it weren't.

I didn't think they were and I told them I sent back the application the day they emailed it to me, so why didn't I at least get an interview, but she said she had tons of applicants and they have no more space....It is a game. I've had tons of people call for me and they are all told that they hear such nice things, but there's no room.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 3:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Tiferes isn't a small school. I'm talking about Mrs. Rosansky's school. Either way, I haven't heard back from them...I know its not a reflection of me, but it still feels horrible.

For an old school with alumni kids already 4 parallel classes is small. (My boys go to a school with 6 parallels and no married alumni kids and still don’t have room for non siblings )

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 4:58 pm
Nachlas is full. I know from an inside source. This year they had hundreds of applicants and almost two classes of siblings. It’s not personal but it is a painful process I’ve been thru more than once.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 7:44 pm
Would you consider neemas or shiras?

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 7:51 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Would you consider neemas or shiras?

I was going to suggest those too.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 9:23 pm
What about boys schools? Does anyone know if Shagas Aryeh, Ohr Yehuda or nesivos hatorah isn’t full yet??
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries