Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
School Acceptance in Lakewood
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Bluepink

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 9:13 am
Most new elementary girls schools in Lakewood that accept “standard” yeshivish crowd don’t end up closing their doors. Try Ne’emas Bais Yaakov it’s pretty new but it’s a nice school.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 9:13 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I don’t think it’s common in Lakewood unless there is some other huge issue. Schools are needed too badly.
Its happened several times.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 9:15 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I had as much pull as it gets for BF, including both my husband and I being alumni and a gadol hador calling for us. We probably could have gotten in had we waited for school to start and then we could have cried we have no place ... but we didn’t want to do that to our daughter. My point is start now and push into another school. Don’t try for BF, they just literally don’t have the space. I know alumni with even bigger connections than we had and families with huge Yichus who couldn’t get in.
My daughter is in first grade in bf and has 29 kids in her class. This particular kid doesn’t need much from the teachers, but what about the other kids? Poor things.

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 9:29 am
Try a newer school. I sent to a new school and it’s small and warm and the principals know us and our girls. I applied to bais Faiga and tiferes and it’s even harder now. Try neemas, shiras bais yaakov, moreshes, shiras Chaim, and nachlas

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 9:32 am
I also think a lot of the young couples that moved to Lakewood for cheap housing are now starting to send to school. And lots of ppl moved due to covid. I’d imagine there are way more applicants then in the past.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 9:32 am
Bluepink wrote:
Most new elementary girls schools in Lakewood that accept “standard” yeshivish crowd don’t end up closing their doors. Try Ne’emas Bais Yaakov it’s pretty new but it’s a nice school.

Doesn’t sound like what OP is looking for based on the other schools she applied to.

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 9:49 am
Many of the schools that are impossible to get into now were brand new 5-10 years ago. For example Nachlas is already full supposedly and they’re only up to 5th grade. The schools that closed down recently were very niche schools and were not sustainable for that reason.

I would look into Shiras Bais Yaakov, Neemas (these are the newer schools I don’t know if they make sense for you but check ), moreshes maybe .

Even schools like bnos Esther Malka, Nachlas, meoros , are all less than 10 years old but they fill up quickly with siblings.
Individual schools cannot keep up with the growth by themselves they can’t go from one primary to six the next year.

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 10:06 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Many of the schools that are impossible to get into now were brand new 5-10 years ago. For example Nachlas is already full supposedly and they’re only up to 5th grade. The schools that closed down recently were very niche schools and were not sustainable for that reason.

I would look into Shiras Bais Yaakov, Neemas (these are the newer schools I don’t know if they make sense for you but check ), moreshes maybe .

Even schools like bnos Esther Malka, Nachlas, meoros , are all less than 10 years old but they fill up quickly with siblings.
Individual schools cannot keep up with the growth by themselves they can’t go from one primary to six the next year.

And going to six classes right away doesn’t work so well always. I have family that sends to one school that grew super fast with many parallel classes and it was too fast because they didn’t have the staff to support.
My kids are in a school that started with 3 parallels when I started sending. Now has 6. They grew slowly so they have the infrastructure but something was lost. It’s still a great school but when have assistant over assistant principal it’s not the same as when everyone knows you. That’s the beauty of a small new school.
So while it’s great the school grew to accept so many kids it’s not the same experience. It’s a trade off.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 10:15 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I have family that sends to one school that grew super fast with many parallel classes and it was too fast because they didn’t have the staff to support.
I worked in that school while they were growing. It was a 3 ring circus. But it was “the” school for that crowd and there was a huge demand so they felt pressured.

By the time I left they had it mostly figured out but those in between years were nuts.

I thought new parents were required to apply to 2 new schools that had been established less than 3 years before. Doesn’t sound like that’s what’s happening but it would fix a lot of these issues.

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 10:29 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
My daughter is in first grade in bf and has 29 kids in her class. This particular kid doesn’t need much from the teachers, but what about the other kids? Poor things.

This. And many teachers refuse to walk into class if the class is full above the limit. It's very hard to teach 30 kids.

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 10:34 am
And like others said , 3/4 schools. You applied to are literally impossible . We are in a desirable school that’s very hard to get into but I would never even bother applying to Bais Faiga.

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 10:54 am
Can people post when they get answers and to where? This would be very helpful to gauge where things are holding. Esp if people feel uncomfortable talking about it in IRL

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 10:59 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Try a newer school. I sent to a new school and it’s small and warm and the principals know us and our girls. I applied to bais Faiga and tiferes and it’s even harder now. Try neemas, shiras bais yaakov, moreshes, shiras Chaim, and nachlas

Yes. I'm in Lakewood a long time and I had pull and I couldn't get into Bais Faiga or Tiferes. They are at the point where they're basically only taking siblings.

EMEN

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 11:07 am
What's the best way to find out about newer schools? Everybody I speak to with kids in school are in the older, more established places. Where do I start?

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 11:12 am
EMEN wrote:
What's the best way to find out about newer schools? Everybody I speak to with kids in school are in the older, more established places. Where do I start?

Maybe start a thread with those schools titles and some people will post. Maybe just apply and at an interview tou can ask questions .

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 12:28 pm
Anyone have any information on neemas? How does it compare to nachlas,bnos esther malka,meoros?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 12:57 pm
Everyone here has different ways of describing each of the above. I suggest going for an interview and seeing for your own and not letting some opinions of strangers to affect your decision.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 12:59 pm
No one is making decisions for me .I just was curious what people say.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 1:05 pm
Heard nice things and that it is well run. The crowd seems to be middle of the road , again just based on two people I know there.

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Oct 30 2020, 1:16 pm
For sure applying to only One school with a possibility- meoros, is not recommended. Even tho it’s late still try to get an application and push for an interview in: moreshes, nachlas, bnos Esther malka, if you know anyone there can call and try to get you an interview it may help.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics