Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How often should I replace toilet brush?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 8:58 am
How often?

s c

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 9:18 am
Eew. I know I'm alone in this but I have a complete aversion to toilet brushes. I think they are the dirtiest, most unhygienic things in existence and I won't have them in my bathrooms. My toilets are very clean btw. Bleach does the trick just fine. But everyone else seems to have them.

Genius

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 9:22 am
Once in your lifetime. Choose that moment wisely.
(If something prompted you to ask then it’s probably time to get a new one😉)

Genius

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 9:25 am
s c wrote:
Eew. I know I'm alone in this but I have a complete aversion to toilet brushes. I think they are the dirtiest, most unhygienic things in existence and I won't have them in my bathrooms. My toilets are very clean btw. Bleach does the trick just fine. But everyone else seems to have them.

You can use bleach and a brush. You can use bleach to clean the brush. Not a contradiction. I don’t blame you for your unpopular opinion. It likely is the grossest thing in a house after the bowl

yonabets

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 9:28 am
When the Mother in law is coming! LOL

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 9:31 am
delete

Last edited by amother on Thu, Nov 05 2020, 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 9:32 am
s c wrote:

I’m with you which is why I use the disposable ones.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 10:22 am
This is a serious question. I'm on a very tight budget. That only allows necessities. I got my money's worth with this one. I know I should have replaced it sooner. I'm wondering if there's like a loose rule about it. Like toothbrush I was told by a dentist to replace about every 3 months. So I know how far over I went.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 10:28 am
If you keep the brush clean I think it's ok to use for 3 years.

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 10:30 am
Once a year

Lovemy5

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 10:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is a serious question. I'm on a very tight budget. That only allows necessities. I got my money's worth with this one. I know I should have replaced it sooner. I'm wondering if there's like a loose rule about it. Like toothbrush I was told by a dentist to replace about every 3 months. So I know how far over I went.

I’ve seen them in Dollar Tree so you can get them pretty cheap and replace as often as you want.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 11:00 am
I dunk the whole thing in the toilet together with the holder and pour bleach on eat and scrub it

batya315

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 11:01 am
I've been using the Clorox toilet wands for years, because I also cannot stand the though of the brushes.
https://www.amazon.com/Clorox-.....75721
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics