Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Restaurant in Baltimore/ DC Area

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 8:24 am
Recommendation for nice dinner spot? (Not dairy)

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 8:27 am
Baltimore and D.C. are about an hour apart. So I would look for one in the area where you are specifically visiting.
Also, I am not sure if restaurants in Baltimore are doing seating at full capacity yet. Depends if they are in the city or county, I think some are take out only.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 8:30 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Baltimore and D.C. are about an hour apart. So I would look for one in the area where you are specifically visiting.
Also, I am not sure if restaurants in Baltimore are doing seating at full capacity yet. Depends if they are in the city or county, I think some are take out only.

There are no dine in places open now in Baltimore City, only county. And I agree, OP needs to be more specific about the area.

doctorima

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 8:49 am
"Nice" is relative. I always like Charbar when we're in DC, but while it's a nice fleishig place, it's not not Reserve Cut (nor are its prices). You'd also have to check to see if they're open for indoor and/or outdoor dining, or take-out only.

luckymom1

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 9:34 am
I am currently in VA, in Great Falls. I am actually unsure which place I'm closer to though. Maybe Baltimore natives will know?

chicco

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 9:48 am
According to Google Maps you are 30 min from Charbar and over an hour to Baltimore.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 9:57 am
Currently raining in Baltimore, so outdoor dining is not an option anyway.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 10:00 am
luckymom1 wrote:
I am currently in VA, in Great Falls. I am actually unsure which place I'm closer to though. Maybe Baltimore natives will know?

I am a Baltimore person and was at Great Falls a few weeks ago. You are much much closer to Silver Spring than to Baltimore.

flowers3

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 10:02 am
I have seen people eating at Dougies in Baltimore.

aussie2

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 10:17 am
If you want Baltimore there are def dine-in places open.
Serengeti is open for dine-in. You need to make a reservation beforehand (they are operating at a lower capacity than usual to allow for social distancing.) You also need to wear a mask when entering & all the staff r wearing masks.. but u can remove mask once seated..
You can make a reservation on the website.
(They have great food & nice ambience but are def expensive.)

As far as I know Dougie's is also open, as is coccacinos (more of a cafe) .. (& prob others- maybe David Chu's- but not sure..
I would call up before to double check..)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 10:41 am
Thanks! Any recommendations for Silver Spring?

bigsis144

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 10:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! Any recommendations for Silver Spring?

Al HaEsh in Rockville is fleishig Israeli food like schwarma, burgers, etc.
Holy Chow in Silver Spring is Chinese.

Both are delicious, but takeout only.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 11:28 am
aussie2 wrote:
If you want Baltimore there are def dine-in places open.
Serengeti is open for dine-in. You need to make a reservation beforehand (they are operating at a lower capacity than usual to allow for social distancing.) You also need to wear a mask when entering & all the staff r wearing masks.. but u can remove mask once seated..
You can make a reservation on the website.
(They have great food & nice ambience but are def expensive.)

As far as I know Dougie's is also open, as is coccacinos (more of a cafe) .. (& prob others- maybe David Chu's- but not sure..
I would call up before to double check..)

Dougies, accents, cocoachinos, mama leahs, and I believe Yesh are open for dining in. Not sure about milk and honey, caramels, Kosher Bite and tovs. The other restaurants are take out only as far as I know but Taam Thai is open for outdoor seating.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 11:30 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Dougies, accents, cocoachinos, mama leahs, and I believe Yesh are open for dining in. Not sure about milk and honey, caramels, Kosher Bite and tovs. The other restaurants are take out only as far as I know but Taam Thai is open for outdoor seating.

Some of those are dairy. And those that are in the city would be take out, only.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 11:36 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Some of those are dairy. And those that are in the city would be take out, only.

Oh whoops I didn’t see the not dairy part of the op. But dougies is fleishig and I’m very sure it’s in the city no? And it’s open for dining in.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 11:45 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Oh whoops I didn’t see the not dairy part of the op. But dougies is fleishig and I’m very sure it’s in the city no? And it’s open for dining in.

No, technically it is in Pikesville. So it is in the county.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics