Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Do I still charge her?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 2:40 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Of course you charge. The schools not refunding you’re tuition for the days your kid is out. You plan the price based on how much you need to make for the year and you don’t charge hourly (unless you do of course). My child’s playgroup closed because the Morah was sick and we still paid full.

The morah should have gotten a substitute.
Since when can you not have playgroup and also charge?
If OP has a covid-exposed kid then she should not be charging parents who aren't sending.

(All of this should have been discussed at the beginning of the year. This isn't an unforeseen situation)

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 2:43 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
If your daughter has antibodies she doesn’t need to quarantine!!!!

It's not that she doesn't need to quarantine, it's that she has a smaller chance of getting reinfected. I have a couple of high school students who had antibodies and are right now dealing with a reinfection....

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 4:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm not charging her don't worry. I just thought maybe I can...I'm just upset that I'm losing out bc dd school can't be more careful! Maybe we shouldn't pay full school fees (we struggle and we pay it all, all through lockdown too) we can definitely get a reduction but my dh doesn't want to....

This is exactly why schools should make classes in bubbles.. The school where I teach the classes do not have gym/playground time together 3-4 year olds.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 4:39 pm
delete wrong thread.

tichellady

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 5:19 pm
You need to make a covid policy about payment so it’s all very clear going forward

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 9:44 am
I would say it's a halachic issue and you should ask a rov. But going forwards make sure you have a clear policy and that parents are aware. You also have to know what you would do if the shoe was on the other foot and it was a parent saying their child is now isolating. Would you charge them for being off?
Also are they paying cash or are they getting money back? If they're getting childcare back I think it's less unfair to ask the parent to pay, they should be getting the money back (I'm not going to get into the legalities of paying parent back in cash the 30% they're actually paying)
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics