Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Lace front advice/how 2 handle aggravation w. sheitalmacher

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 2:19 pm
Absolutely hate my sheital. Got it less than a year ago (lace front) as a kallah. Sheital macher did a TERRIBLE job. her business ethic, communication skills... everything went wrong. I cant really wear the sheital bc part of the lace front just splits and falls into my face the whole time. Anyone else experience this?

I was told maybe adding baby hairs underneath can help push it up a bit...

I took it to someone else to get fixed. Now im wondering if I should go back to the sheital macher I went to as a kallah. I paid close to $500 for her to have a lace front put in. But her customer service was beyond horrible. She would have my wigs and not answer my calls for weeks on end and when I went to go pick them up, half of what she had to do wasnt done....
So on the other hand I dont know I should just find someone else that can do repairs for me and spare myself the aggravation.

The person I did find to do repairs also ghosted me. We had an appointment which we had to move, I texted her a few times touching base and no answer. Is it a thing that sheital machers are like this...??

Radish

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 2:56 pm
That's not fun. Are these reputable stylists? Maybe post a location and people can recommend a sheitel macher.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 2:59 pm
Radish wrote:
That's not fun. Are these reputable stylists? Maybe post a location and people can recommend a sheitel macher.

Yep. Very well known/all over insta. Everyone recommended them etc

I live in long island

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 3:36 pm
Instagram is the worst place to find service providers

Ask around from real people you trust who care about you who they where happy with - and ask specifically about their customer service, response time ect...

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 3:46 pm
I also had aggravation with my lace front also from somebody all over instagram. I paid a bloody fortune for my shaitel and I had problems right away only for my issues to be poo-pooed. I'm beyond disgusted.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 3:51 pm
I would go back to your original sheitel macher and put my foot down.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 5:50 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Instagram is the worst place to find service providers

Ask around from real people you trust who care about you who they where happy with - and ask specifically about their customer service, response time ect...

my friends did use her. they were taken care of bc they're well known from the community. I thought she would treat all her customers the same.

after I got married I had friends that went to her (I told them not to- I asked a shaila about whether its LH to say or not). they all had similar experiences to me... (one friend didnt get her wig till two days before her chasuna....)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 5:51 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:

I really really have ptsd from dealing with her. I felt so ugly my whole shana rishona it was so hard for me. part of me doesnt want to go back to deal with it :/

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 5:54 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:

The problem is if you took it to someone else she may not stand behind it anymore. Many sellers have that rule.
But if you do plan on going back do it asap bec they may say it’s too long.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 7:25 pm
Wonder if it's the same person I had issues with... very hard to find a good and honest sheitel macher.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 7:26 pm
I wonder if you would be happier Just removing the lace, I know it will be lost $ for you but it might solve your issues. Lace front wigs aren't for everyone

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 7:40 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Wonder if it's the same person I had issues with... very hard to find a good and honest sheitel macher.

probably lol

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 7:40 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
I wonder if you would be happier Just removing the lace, I know it will be lost $ for you but it might solve your issues. Lace front wigs aren't for everyone

I spent 500 to put it in!! and by me I mean my mom when I was a kallah Sad I like how it looks I just wish they did it right

gilamom

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 7:45 pm
This is why I laugh at the Sary wigs thread where everyone's worried about it looking too natural, hellooooo my Sary lace top came from someone I found on Instagram also who seemed to be doing a great job. Idk, maybe she's using filters or everyone else is just way prettier than me or I'm just not made for a lace top wig but it looks so unnatural. I've barely worn it because it's just not flattering and already the lace seems to be curling up towards the wig, ugh.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels