Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Carpool Tunnel Syndrome by Judy Gruen

ChossidMom

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 2:02 pm
I recently borrowed this book and am currently reading it. What a bunch of laughs! She's like the Jewish Erma Bombeck.
Very, very enjoyable book!

su7kids

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 4:38 pm
I have it. I laughed so hard through that book.

A lot of fun!

momto4

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 7:10 pm
what is this book about? if its as funny as u make it sound, I want to read it!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 8:17 pm
think city moms will find it funny? I'm not a carpool mom, you know.

queen

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 8:36 pm
Yes, it's really funny and will pick up anyones day. I highly recommend it and they are not expensive. I think they are $10. I've got both her books Smile

She also writes an article every two weeks called "Off My Noodle" that you can get via email.

Starbucks® has published a quip from her book on 5 million cups.
Exclamation

http://www.judygruen.com/index.php/store/

queen

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 10:03 pm
Due to this thread I just bought her latest book off her web site.... Can't wait for it to come now

Sparkle

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 10:51 pm
Hey - I have known Judy Gruen since I was 10 years old!

She is a phenomenal writer and person! I very much recommend all her books!

ChossidMom

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 11:55 pm
CM
Moms will find it funny. Full stop.
If you don't have kids don't buy this book.

ironysupp

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 3:55 pm
Hi,

I was tickled to see this nice thread about my first book, "Carpool Tunnel Syndrome." I've since joined this group and hope that any of you who enjoyed this book will also check out my audio blogs on OURadio.org (click on the "Just Off My Noodle" channel) and also my regular columns on my web site, www.judygruen.com. I also write humor for Aish.com's "Jewlarious" pages (just type my name in the search box on aish.com to find my stuff).

I've since published two other books, including "Till We Eat Again: Confessions of a Diet Dropout," and "The Women's Daily Irony Supplement," which just came out last May.
Unfortunatley, due to having been trapped by a very unscrupulous former publisher, I make no money from either of the first two books (CTS and Till We Eat Again) when purchased on amazon.com, etc. But I sell these books from my web site (judygruen.com) and I also autograph them, so it's a great deal! I do heartily encourage amazon.com sales of The Women's Daily Irony Supplement, which has received all perfect ratintgs on amazon.com so far.
I'm proud to be an orthodox female humorist, offering laughs to people's overstressed lives. I hope to be able to contribute to these forums in a meaningful way! Thanks to all for your kind words. Feel free to email me at judy@judygruen.com.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 3:57 pm
Smile

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 4:09 pm
Oh, hello Judy!!!
I'm honored to have started the thread that brought you to Imamother.

I am just about finishing up the book and it is one of the funniest books I've ever read. I wanted to ask the lady who said she's your friend if you are that funny to talk to! Ok, so I can't relate to sports practice and movies but most everything about bringing up kids hit real close to home. That chapter on cleaning up your work area after not being able to find anything (that's meeee) and the one about dieting, and working at home etc. etc. etc.

You are one funny lady and we are on the same page. I can't wait to read your other books!!

Everybody - read Judy Gruen's books. She's a laugh a second. Perfect for unwinding after a day breaking up fights, mopping up messes and wiping noses/bottoms. Great comic relief!!!

ironysupp

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 4:37 pm
Thank you, CHosid Mom! If I had known you earlier, I might have saved myself a lot of money with a book publicist! By the way, my kids do NOT find me that funny, since being asked to make their beds and empty the dishwasher don't seem to lend themselves to bouts of hilarity, but what can you do?????? Still, I am very grateful that they let me "use" them as column fodder. Great material, those kids.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 4:42 pm
I am totally in awe and jealous of your ability to see the hilarity in every situation and your ability to be funny in writing. Jealous, jealous, jealous.
Anyway, no matter. Just keep cranking out funny articles and books for the rest of us bed-makers and dish washers! Hey everybody. I'm a Judy Gruen Groupie! (A few years ago I wouldn't have been. It's just that I've blinked and suddenly noticed that I have 5 kids ba"h)

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Feb 03 2008, 5:57 pm
Hmmm I think I have a new author to check out at the library....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room