Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Hosting Shabbos Sheva Brachos
Previous  1  2  3

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 11:44 am
Wow this sounds amazing. Since it’s such a short Shabbos maybe buy a lot of rolls. Guest can wash after kiddish and bench after first course and then men go daven Mincha and then wash again before cholent for Shalosh seudos. This way you don’t have to do all the work making salads for shalosh Seudos.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 12:41 pm
I don't have any suggestions but just wanted to say it sounds really beautiful. It sounds like you've put a lot of thought into it and it should be a wonderful shabbos and I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

cbsp

Post Tue, Nov 03 2020, 12:46 pm
One more thing crossed my mind.

Make sure that there's enough room at and around each table for the number of people assigned to the table AND to comfortably move their chairs in and out.

Make sure there are clear paths for the waiters to serve (especially hot soup) or at least a plan for how the food will get passed.

Maybe do a test run of the paper goods to make sure they can hold the intended food? We once had gorgeous napkins that stained people's white shirts and paper plates that disintegrated...

DVOM

Post Wed, Nov 04 2020, 2:52 am
singleagain wrote:
If you need help getting anything. Please let me know. I work in a grocery and might be able to help.

You are such a sweetie! Thank you for offering!

DVOM

Post Wed, Nov 04 2020, 2:53 am
cbsp wrote:
One more thing crossed my mind.

Make sure that there's enough room at and around each table for the number of people assigned to the table AND to comfortably move their chairs in and out.

Make sure there are clear paths for the waiters to serve (especially hot soup) or at least a plan for how the food will get passed.

Maybe do a test run of the paper goods to make sure they can hold the intended food? We once had gorgeous napkins that stained people's white shirts and paper plates that disintegrated...

This is a really good idea. Tent is going up this morning. Once I have all the tables and chairs in there I'll be able to do a dry run.

DVOM

Post Wed, Nov 04 2020, 2:55 am
Proudly Right wrote:
I gotta say DVOM. Kudos to you for putting together what sounds like will be a beautiful event.

I'm just thinking, I don't know in which circles you run, but the men where I come from would never pass on eating fish Shabbos day meal. I suggest you make little fish crackers on a tray for them to eat after kiddush.

I use:
Mary gone crackers (delicious whole grain crackers with a great crunch to it)
Any dressing I.e. dill dip, pesto, mayo etc.
slice of cucumber
small piece of lox
small dollop of avocado

It's delicious and very simple to prepare, not enough filling so the guests don't have room for the rest of the food and the most cost effective solution to preparing fish.

I've thought of this...

I don't think this crowd will really care if there's shabbos day fish.

DVOM

Post Wed, Nov 04 2020, 2:58 am
Tries2BGoodMom wrote:
Wow this sounds amazing. Since it’s such a short Shabbos maybe buy a lot of rolls. Guest can wash after kiddish and bench after first course and then men go daven Mincha and then wash again before cholent for Shalosh seudos. This way you don’t have to do all the work making salads for shalosh Seudos.

Thought of this...

There will be lots of little (and big kids) who I think will get hungry at the end of shabbos if I don't have anything out for seudah shelishis. Lots of people traveling to get here, and will need to travel to get home; I don't want anyone going home hungry. I don't think I can have lunch be the last meal I serve. Parents are going to want to give thier kids something to eat, and we all have to get together at the end of the day for havdalah anyway.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Nov 04 2020, 4:27 pm
DVOM wrote:
Thought of this...

There will be lots of little (and big kids) who I think will get hungry at the end of shabbos if I don't have anything out for seudah shelishis. Lots of people traveling to get here, and will need to travel to get home; I don't want anyone going home hungry. I don't think I can have lunch be the last meal I serve. Parents are going to want to give thier kids something to eat, and we all have to get together at the end of the day for havdalah anyway.

As a mom to a little boy I appreciate that.

Fave

Post Sat, Nov 07 2020, 4:45 pm
DVOM, I was thinking of you this Shabbos. Hashem send you the most perfect weather!

cbg

Post Sat, Nov 07 2020, 5:27 pm
Sounds beautiful
E”H when my DD gets married will you help me party plan

sub

Post Sat, Nov 07 2020, 6:00 pm
A gut voch
How was it?

DVOM

Post Sat, Nov 07 2020, 6:41 pm
It was really gorgeous 🥰

bargainlover

Post Sat, Nov 07 2020, 7:13 pm
DVOM you got so lucky with this weather today bh!! Happy it all worked out!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics