Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Please tell me anything about the community in Long Beach NY

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 3:23 am
Hi, we are looking to move either to far rockaway, woodmere, or maybe long beach but I dont know anything about long beach- anyone have any info? Is it a settled, nice, warm type of community? Is it more modern or more frum?Thanks!

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 3:41 am
First, Modern Orthodox Jews are frum.

Second, Long Beach has a lovely, out of town vibe, with all the amenities you need, but it's a community that never really took off. You'll be commuting over the Atlantic Beach Bridge to the Five Towns a lot, is my guess. There is a direct Long Island Railroad line into Penn Station.

It has a range of housing, from cheap apartments to mansions, and a range of shuls as well. Definitely worth going for a shabbos to get a feel for things.

In the summer, there are lots of beach goers and a certain amount of partying at night. The Jewish neighborhoods are not near the bars, so you won't be affected much, but there is beach traffic on weekends.

If you want all the conveniences of New York Life with a small town feel (for better and for worse) Long Beach is a great choice.

visitor

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 3:53 am
can you tell me where in Long Beach is the jewish neighborhood and shuls?

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 5:03 am
The Jewish neighborhood is primarily south of Park Ave (towards the ocean, not the bay) and east of Washington. The Young Israel is on Long Beach Blvd at the corner of Penn Street, the Bach is at Beech and Edwards, Chabad is on West Beech between National and Edwards, and the Sephardic Shul is on Lafayette and Penn. You can Google a street map.

The west side of town is where the partying is.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating