Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Somewhat charred salmon?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 11:46 am
Is it possible have a nice size piece of salmon fillet-is it possible to get a lightly charred effect if I don't have a broiler (Don't want to dry it out).
Has anyone done this with just an oven?

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 12:11 pm
Not with an oven, but you can use a pan on the stove to get a nice crust.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 1:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is it possible have a nice size piece of salmon fillet-is it possible to get a lightly charred effect if I don't have a broiler (Don't want to dry it out).
Has anyone done this with just an oven?

Yes. Preheat oven to 500/550. You can get a beautiful char. Especially if you use some sugar or honey, that will really blacken it in spots (be careful not to set off the smoke alarm Laugh You can add that the last 2 minutes so it doesn't smoke up the house).

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Nov 06 2020, 3:16 pm
I personally like crispy skin so I bake it skin side up

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Nov 07 2020, 11:32 am
I get the best results from a well seasoned cast iron pan, on the highest stovetop setting.

I make a wasabi seared salmon that is delicious. Rub all the sides of the salmon with wasabi paste, and then cook in a cast iron skillet until just barely done in the middle. Let the fish rest, and it will finish cooking inside without drying out. If it's still a bit too rare inside, just plop it back in the pan for another minute.

When you cook it this way, most of the spicy heat goes out of the wasabi, and you end up with a slightly sweet, slightly spicy flavor that is very delicate, and won't overpower the taste of the salmon.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking