Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Weekend in Miami

BLUEROSE

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 6:53 pm
I'm sorry to bring up Miami again, but my dh and I are going for the first time in two weeks for a weekend. We would like to buy shabbos food and eat in our room . I need ideas for that and also some relaxing ideas we can do on Sunday.

ss321

Post Mon, Feb 04 2008, 2:01 pm
im not from miami so miami natives might be able to tell you more. as a tourist who also just usually goes for shabbos, we buy most of our food at kosherworld, they sell ready made stuff. I think the best ready made food is at sarahs tent which is up by prime grill but its quite a drive if youre in the 40s, I guess a little shorter if youre in bal harbor but still farish. I usually buy stuff like kugels and salads and desserts and then just make my own soup (I hate store bought) and chulent fri morning.
you can also buy meals at places like tower 41 or I think either the carriage club or house, then you can eat at a set table, they serve you (might be buffet shabbos day, dunno), and its not like a makeshift meal on your balcony (but then again, we did that once in mexico and it was kinda fun. depends what you want). Also, MAKE SURE YOUR HOTEL HAS A MINI FRIDGE! some surprisingly enough dont!

as for stuff to do on sunday
there are tons of touristy things - like you can rent a boat, or rent these watermotorcycle things I forgot what theyre called, or you can rent scooters in like the south beach area for a few hours....those are all sporty things. or you can shop, there is definitely not a shortage of places to shop but I wont list them in case thats not what youre looking for anyway
you can go to like the swamps of miami (its like 1/2 hr on the 95) where they take you on a motorboat and you see all these crocodiles and stuff its not so scary but its a blast!
those are all the things I can think of just off the top of my head. when we go I like to sit out and veg on our balcony and do absolutely nothing. but if you want activities those are the (not necessarily kid oriented) ones I can think of.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics