Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Dairy recipes in a crockpot

Beingreal

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 9:59 am
Anyone have done this, and if you did do it, can you post recipes?

SuperWify

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 10:05 am
You can do soups.

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 10:08 am
Alton Brown has a recipe for lasagna (obviously not kosher) but I looked at the recipe for HOW to build the lasagna in a crockpot.

In the end, I didn't want to store a milchig crock pot, so I never made one. (I could always do a meat lasagna.... But that's for another show, as they say).

Interested in seeing what other Imas reply.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 10:19 am
I have a milchic crockpot, but most of what I cook in it is parev and is later combined with cheese or yoghurt.

I just came across this rather useful piece if advice about using milk in a crockpot.
Quote:
Dairy. Prolonged cooking of dairy products causes them to separate. Adding milk, cream or yogurt to crockpots at the beginning of cooking is a sure-fire way to wind-up with a grainy, watery mess at the end. Stir it in once the recipe has finished cooking

I made some rather good mushrooms in it the other week. I don't remember the full recipe, but you put in the mushrooms with garlic and a little vegetable broth and left them to cook, then after about an hour and a half added butter and milk (and cream) and other herbs which I didn't have, stirred and left it for another half hhour.even without the additional herbs it was good, and I plan on repeating it. I used it as a side dish but it would have made a good pasta sauce.

Last edited by Elfrida on Sun, Nov 08 2020, 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Coke Slurpee

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 10:22 am
You can do mac and cheese in a crockpot, but it doesn't take alot of time or effort to make it stove top.

mha3484

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 10:25 am
I used to do this often it was useful when I wanted to make dinner while my toddler napped and then I could turn the pot off a few hours later. These recipes turn to mush after about 3 hours. I can go find some if you want but if your not home all day it won’t be worthwhile.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 10:26 am
You can use an adapted pancake recipe to make one big pan cake in a crockpot. Leave it on a timer and it will be ready for breakfast.

mamaleh

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 2:14 pm
My friend does rice pudding and steel cut oats in the winter for breakfast. she puts it up before she goes to sleep and they have hot breakfast waiting in the morning. I've been tempted to try it.

BTW Target has a 4qt round crock pot on sale for $10 (I think the sale ends today)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals