Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Low grade’ish fever today. Would you send to school tomorro?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 2:20 pm
Rectal temp was 99.1. Ear thermometer 99.5-100.1. Child acting, feeling perfectly fine just feels warm so checked temp.
Obviously if it’s same tom morn there’s no question about staying home. But does 24 hr fever rule come into play with low grade?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 2:22 pm
Don’t send and pls test

When I had covid it was low grade. Never got over 100.4

Bluepink

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 2:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Rectal temp was 99.1. Ear thermometer 99.5-100.1. Child acting, feeling perfectly fine just feels warm so checked temp.
Obviously if it’s same tom morn there’s no question about staying home. But does 24 hr fever rule come into play with low grade?

Rectal temp is generally a degree higher so 99.1 rectal isn’t a fever, not even a low grade one. Technically 100.1 isn’t either. A kid can have a temp like that due to overheating (was warm outside today)... if they have absolutely no symptoms today I don’t see why that temp should keep them home. My daughter’s normal temp is 99.5 every day..

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 2:24 pm
Mine had low grade for a few days and after it was away for a 24 hours, vomited and then was totally fine after. Negative covid test. Just some weird virus. I kept him home. I feel like can't send -especially these days. He was acting totally fine btw. No other symptoms. Had 99.5-100.5.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 2:31 pm
Don’t send. Wait 24 hour fever free

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 2:34 pm
Please do not test.
But keep the kid home an extra day and see how she’s feeling.

My4Jewels

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 2:34 pm
I think in these times being extra cautious is what’s called for. So where as in a regular school year you can take a wait and see kind of attitude and if technically they don’t have a fever you can send to school and hope for the best and if the nurse calls you from school to pick up you can.

Here I would say what’s the worst that happens? Your child stays home for a day and is well? As opposed to sending tomorrow and if by chance your child does have
Covid now you’ve exposed an entire class who now have to quarantine. Please be extra cautious and keep home till you’re 100% sure.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 2:52 pm
These days you must consider a low grade fever a fever and reason to stay home. Please do not send to school until after 24 hours fever free. (Back in the day this used to be the rule and virus’s were not passed around as much at school)

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 2:56 pm
I work in a nursing home. Everyone that goes on is checked with a thermometer gun. Employees and everyone else. If you have 99.5 you can’t go in and needs to get tested for covid. Don’t they check temperature at school?

teachkids

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 3:01 pm
99.1 doesn't make me nervous. 100.1 does in the current situation. Not sure what to tell you. I was told with a baby don't worry if it's under 100, not sure about older though

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 3:03 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
I work in a nursing home. Everyone that goes on is checked with a thermometer gun. Employees and everyone else. If you have 99.5 you can’t go in and needs to get tested for covid. Don’t they check temperature at school?

The temp testing is the biggest joke. I have a kid (with a condition) who regularly runs in the 99-100 range. Whenever we go to an appointment & they “scan” her forehead air around her it will show as something between 95-97 f.

Anyway, thanks everyone. Will iyh keep the kid home tomorrow.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 3:31 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:

Thank you for all the work that you do, going on every day during a pandemic and putting yourself and your family at risk isn't easy. Kol hakavod. Tizku li'mitzvot and stay safe.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 3:40 pm
If your normal ear temperature is 99/ 100 then I wouldn’t consider it a problem. If the kid if feeling warm and this is unusual for them I would for sure not send them.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 3:49 pm
Ear thermometer for sure do not work!
I went to the dr with my kids that had 101.5
By the office, still warm,no meds given...no fever!! LOL
So I told her to take it again and he got 100.5
Then when she stepped out I took it again and he had 101.1
The ear thermometers are super sensitive and if it's not exactly in the right position the answer is not accurate!!!

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 3:49 pm
My son was under the weather with 99.3 and I had him tested. Positive. He was fine by the next day.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 4:44 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Please do not test.

Why shouldn’t she test? How can you give such reckless advice

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 4:45 pm
Please do not test.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 4:46 pm
Please do not test.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 4:46 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
My son was under the weather with 99.3 and I had him tested. Positive. He was fine by the next day.

So definitely send him to school if he feels fine even if he tests positive. Who cares if he spreads it (I apologize if I am misreading what you are saying).

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 4:47 pm
Please do not test.

Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics