Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
9x13 recipes - literally everything

westchestermom

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 11:13 am
I'm streamlining my life. Who has time to scrub the stove during the week? I definitely don't. Once a week I clear all the counters and go to town, but the only way it works is if I don't fry or sear anything. I try to use the oven most of the time. Therefore I am looking for big collections of recipes to make in 9x13 pans. Anyone have a favorite blog with these? I loved the recipes from between carpools, especially quick desserts and dinners. I currently have a busy in Brooklyn marble cake in my oven!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 11:23 am
They're coming out with a cookbook in the next week or two.

Look for one pot dinners online, they can usually be converted for the oven. Also sheet pan dinners.

artsy

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 11:23 am
Following. Would love to know the same.

rgr

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 11:27 am
Between carpools "that 9x13 life"

Last edited by rgr on Sun, Nov 08 2020, 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 11:27 am
Lasagna (no boiling regular noodles).

Chicken legs in one pan and rice, farfel, whole baked potatoes, etc in the other pan, baking side by side.

Amarante

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 1:18 pm
There are lots of recipes for what are called "sheet pan" foods. It's an excellent way to streamline cooking because generally everything for a meal is on the one pan and cooks together.

mamaleh

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 2:09 pm
lasagna, baked ziti (both really simple-5 to 10 min prep- kids can do it).

Chicken & potatoes or rice

meatloaf or shepherds pie

quiche

smss

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 2:58 pm
I'm the same type of cook. I bake shnitzel, tuna patties, etc. Even meatballs in sauce. Lots of roasted veggies. Rice, quinoa, farfel, couscous all can be made in the oven. Lasagna, baked ziti and I've even seen a recipe for no boil mac n cheese in the oven. You can even make sheet pan pancakes Smile

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 3:04 pm
Smss can you please share your meatballs recipe?

AishesChayil1

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 5:13 pm
Following. Would love some good recipes.

Cg1576

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 5:22 pm
Macaroni and cheese
Put a box of pasta in a pan, add a container of cottage cheese, a drop of margarine, cheese (any type u like. Shredded or American) and add water covering everything. Cover with foil, and put in oven.

Einikel

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 5:27 pm
Cg1576 wrote:
Macaroni and cheese
Put a box of pasta in a pan, add a container of cottage cheese, a drop of margarine, cheese (any type u like. Shredded or American) and add water covering everything. Cover with foil, and put in oven.

What temp and for how long?

Cg1576

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 5:34 pm
Einikel wrote:
What temp and for how long?

I usually turn my toaster on the highest and then check it every once in a while. If I need it sooner I uncover and just wait till all the water is absorbed

Grateful2bhere

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 5:56 pm
I don't have recipe exactly, but I've made with ravioli, frozen or refrigerated, baked with sauce, water more it less depending on amount, depending on how much sauce etc, but maybe half a cup?, can add some thin sliced zuccini or eggplant, shredded cheese & bake, I never boil ravioli. Just have to watch that it doesn't burn on the bottom, but otherwise easy, pretty large error margin

Cheiny

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 6:09 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
Smss can you please share your meatballs recipe?

Form your favorite meatball recipe (ground chicken and or beef, egg, bread crumbs, spices), and place in a pan, cover with marinara sauce or marinara mixed with cranberry sauce, or your favorite sauce and bake covered at 350 for 2 hours maybe depending on size of meatballs.

watergirl

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 6:23 pm
Corndog kugel. You just need the box of fleishmann’s cornbread mix and a pack of hot dogs. Make the box of cornbread and put in the tin. Lay in the hot dogs; push them down so they are covered in the batter. Bake and serve with fries if you want. This is so good and so fun.

DVOM

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 6:24 pm
My favorite shabbos meal:

Spray lots of Pam on the bottom of a sheet pan. Spread 1bag frozen broccoli florets, 1 container grape tomatoes, 3 large bulbs of garlic with the top sliced off, and sliced onion. Put chicken pieces, tops or bottoms or a mix on top of veggies. Sprinkle the whole business with salt, pepper, onion, garlic and paprika. Give it another good spray of pam. Cover and bake at 350. After an hour uncover, squeeze out the roasted garlic cloves on to the chicken, give it a mix, and bake another hour u covered.

I usually serve with quinoa, but if you read want easy and convenient, add mini red potatoes or sliced sweet potatoes to the sheet pan

Yum yum!

elisheva25

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 6:31 pm
DVOM wrote:
My favorite shabbos meal:

Spray lots of Pam on the bottom of a sheet pan. Spread 1bag frozen broccoli florets, 1 container grape tomatoes, 3 large bulbs of garlic with the top sliced off, and sliced onion. Put chicken pieces, tops or bottoms or a mix on top of veggies. Sprinkle the whole business with salt, pepper, onion, garlic and paprika. Give it another good spray of pam. Cover and bake at 350. After an hour uncover, squeeze out the roasted garlic cloves on to the chicken, give it a mix, and bake another hour u covered.
Looks good, I’ll try for Shabbos

I usually serve with quinoa, but if you read want easy and convenient, add mini red potatoes or sliced sweet potatoes to the sheet pan

Yum yum!

flowerpower93

Post Sun, Nov 08 2020, 9:22 pm
The pepper steak recipe from the first Bais Yaakov Cookbook is a delicious 9x13 recipe
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics