Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you check previous thread...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 12:28 pm
Before posting a new question?
I see variations of the same questions every few days!!!
Top 2's :
List of Lakewood schools/high schools
Choice of bc

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 12:57 pm
I do. oftentimes, the question in the OP isn't what I'm looking for even though the subject line might seem like it. then I start a new thread.

ExtraCredit

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 1:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Before posting a new question?
I see variations of the same questions every few days!!!
Top 2's :
List of Lakewood schools/high schools
Choice of bc

I prefer starting a new one over bumping an old one. Unless if it’s very recent. I don’t like continuing conversations from a year ago.

happy chick

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 1:16 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
I prefer starting a new one over bumping an old one. Unless if it’s very recent. I don’t like continuing conversations from a year ago.

It's not always about continuing a conversation. sometimes looking up an old thread will get yo uthe answer you need

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 5:08 pm
happy chick wrote:
It's not always about continuing a conversation. sometimes looking up an old thread will get yo uthe answer you need

Exactly!!!
If you need specific information I understand starting a new thread but some are so general I wonder why they didn't look in previous threads!!! What

SuperWify

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 5:09 pm
Yes, it’s pretty annoying.

But OP I guess you didn’t check before posting- this topic had been discussed before!

(I’m kidding with you. 😆)

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 5:29 pm
I disagree with this idea. Like yes there are a billion BC threads. But if there’s something I’m thinking about I want to be the one to initiate and engage in the conversation about myself and not read through someone else’s thread. Sometimes it may seem to be a purely informational post but the OP also may be looking for validation, emotional support, or just stam wanting to have a conversation 🤷‍♀️ Imamother is not an encyclopedia, it’s a forum meant to facilitate conversations. I always feel bad for OP’s when posters respond with “there are tons of threads on this topic just look through those.” They’re just trying to have a conversation!

boat

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 5:37 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Yes, it’s pretty annoying.

But OP I guess you didn’t check before posting- this topic had been discussed before!

(I’m kidding with you. 😆)

No kidding. There was a recent thread about the repeated topics here.

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 6:05 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
I disagree with this idea. Like yes there are a billion BC threads. But if there’s something I’m thinking about I want to be the one to initiate and engage in the conversation about myself and not read through someone else’s thread. Sometimes it may seem to be a purely informational post but the OP also may be looking for validation, emotional support, or just stam wanting to have a conversation 🤷‍♀️ Imamother is not an encyclopedia, it’s a forum meant to facilitate conversations. I always feel bad for OP’s when posters respond with “there are tons of threads on this topic just look through those.” They’re just trying to have a conversation!

I agree here. Plus with something like school, the culture changes year to year.I agree here. Plus with something like school, the culture changes year to year.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 6:22 pm
I agree. There's a limited amount of times I'll type my easy croc pot dinners, why I find out the gender of my unborn baby, etc.

youngishbear

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 6:24 pm
Searching is not very intuitive on this site.

Unless there's a trick I haven't figured out yet.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 6:37 pm
unless the title is very clear, its hard to look up. eg thread title "what should I do if..."
even if I had same issue, would never know, because title leaves us in suspense for click bait

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 6:44 am
But you can always signpost the op to the previous thread. For instance recipes, you can say I have a really good recipe for x, it's on this thread.
And I agree that often the question is exactly the same as the older thread and it's easier just to open your own than have people responding to old threads.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics