Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
What to make with Self Rising flour

TYH17

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 5:32 pm
My husband bought a bag, the King Arthur Brand ...fancy I know lol it was on sale Wink my question is what do I make with it...challah? Cakes? It says it has non aluminum baking powder in it so I would have to alter all my recipes? It also says great for pancakes. ...so I would make my usual recipe and omit the baking powder? It will annoy me until I figure out how to make use of it so any ideas and suggestions welcome Smile

dovebird

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 5:34 pm
Two ingredient donuts for chanucha!!!!! https://peaslovencarrots.com/r.....nuts/

challahchallah

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 5:37 pm
Self rising flour is a mix of baking powder, salt and all purpose flour. You don’t want to use it for challah and other yeast breads, but instead for baked goods that have those ingredients normally.

Here’s a quick one to get you started while you figure out what else to make. Mix three cups self rising flour with one (12oz) beer. Put into loaf pan lined with parchment and pour a few tablespoons of melted butter over it. Bake for an hour at 375.

precious

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 6:48 pm
It's great for cookies, bars, cakes. Use in place of regular flour, baking powder and salt.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads