Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Staying In Israel for less than 2 weeks
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

chanchy123

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 10:34 am
number wrote:
Where did you see international travel excluded? Or do you mean they didn't specifically call out international travel? Because most states do require quarantine for that as well.

I googled travel restrictions for a certain state I was interested in visiting and then just google a bunch more and was surprised to discover there was NO reference to international travel, only a list of specific states that require quarantine.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 10:35 am
number wrote:
The US HAS its own quarantine laws. International visitors are required to quarantine for fourteen days once they get here. Why is everyone saying otherwise?

The laws even say that if you travel WITHIN the country, from one state to another, you're required to quarantine.
can you show us a source for specifically this, international travel?

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 10:56 am
Israelis were required to quarantine in ny for a period of time. This has since been switched to a covid test before arrival and another one after 3 days of quarantine.

https://www.jewishpress.com/ne.....9/29/

chanchy123

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 10:57 am
BTW definition of “quarantine” in some of the states I researched was basically what I had been doing in Israel for the month of September and most of October, stay home with immediate family and only leave the house for food medical care or another urgent reason. Which explained a lot about the misconceptions Americans have of Israeli quarantine.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 11:00 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Where are you getting such info? I have a relative who had to go to go to america in the summer. Before she left israel she researched about quarantine. There was no quarantine on the america side to the state she was going to.

Number, Israel has a specific policy. America does not have that same policy for INTERNATIONAL travel. And not for every state anyway.

Right. There's no quarantine laws in the US for international travelers. Even in the cities that do have quarantine laws, they ask you to self quarantine and it's not enforced at all.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 6:15 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Right. There's no quarantine laws in the US for international travelers. Even in the cities that do have quarantine laws, they ask you to self quarantine and it's not enforced at all.
Thank you. Thats what I thought. So the laws are just different in each country. Thats the whole thing.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics