Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
The Most Rewarding Career in the World
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Sun, May 22 2005, 8:14 pm
in Health and Hygiene

Birth control hormones and health
late on pill
expired pills
mini pill question

in Emotional Health

birth control (16 pages)
birth control in Halacha

in Pregnancy and Childbirth

diaphragm question
BC for hubby's sake
BC on pesach

Married Life

spermicide

Taharas Ha'Mishpacha

asking a rav about b/c
iud
These threads are ridiculous!!!
There is no reason for any woman to be discussing these highly sensitive and (I hope) private issues on a website!! The only place to discuss these issues is behind closed doors with your husband and then if necessary to ask a Rav.

Motek

Post Mon, May 23 2005, 2:31 pm
Rochel Leah wrote:
but it took time Wink

yup! Smile

Quote:
There is no reason for any woman to be discussing these highly sensitive and (I hope) private issues on a website!! The only place to discuss these issues is behind closed doors with your husband and then if necessary to ask a Rav.

ah, but some women think it's not private and why not network with other women and get information ...

In addition to your husband and rav, I would add - asking someone knowledgable like a doctor, midwife, etc. and doing research in a library on online. Rabbonim are not necessarily up on the latest health concerns.

stem

Post Mon, May 23 2005, 2:44 pm
Quote:

ah, but some women think it's not private and why not network with other women and get information ...

It's not like people are broadcasting their intimate life to all their neighbors. This website provides a fairly annonymous environment where people could discuss issues or ideas without having to compromise their privacy. Isn't that the whole point of this site?

Motek

Post Mon, Jun 06 2005, 3:13 pm
12) Swallowing bc pill (Health and Hygiene)
13) Lemons for Birth Control (Preg.)
14) Anyone use the patch for bc? (Health and H)
15) Preg. Test and Birth Control (Preg.)
16) I Want to Use B/C Husband doesn't (Marriage)
17) Asking for a Heter (Preg.)
18 ) Always Pregnant or Nursing (Emotional Health)
19) I Need an Answer (Preg.)
20) Copper vs merina I.u.d. (Health)
21) Should I Take Birth Control (Marriage)

Last edited by Motek on Sun, Jul 24 2005, 5:41 pm; edited 5 times in total

miri

Post Tue, Jul 05 2005, 9:22 pm
of course everyone is different but how does one draw the line to know when one really needs a break or is just taking the easy way out??
My heter is up & I don't know what to do. At times I feel like I really cannot cope,& this is even while I have loads of help from my hubby. but at other times I feel I would just manage, if I were to get pregnant. But then.. why should my children suffer??

JEWISHMAMA

Post Wed, Jul 06 2005, 4:05 am
HASHEM sends us all what we can cope with. I truely believe that but I also know that if I did have a baby now both my marriage and my children would suffer.

It is up to you to make a sound judgment on how you want to live your life.

If you think that having a baby every year is it then make sure that every single one of those babies have what they need and grow up to be good, G-D fearing children.

My children are 7, 6 and 2 1/2 and I find they are a real handful. I work half day and have no help at home except when my husband can help me which is not very often due to the fact he is studying nursing now.

I would like to have another child (my son is asking for a brother eventhough we´ve already told him there´s no garranties!) but at the moment can´t.

Every women has to make her own decision. I commend those of you who have babies every year and manage but I also understand those of us who can´t.

Motek

Post Wed, Aug 10 2005, 7:57 pm
cont. from my previous post

22) What's the Best B.Control to use (Health and Hyg.)

carrot

Post Wed, Aug 10 2005, 9:54 pm
Motek wrote:

Quote:

In addition to your husband and rav, I would add - asking someone knowledgable like a doctor, midwife, etc. and doing research in a library on online. Rabbonim are not necessarily up on the latest health concerns.

I think that people like to ask bc questions on this website for the same reason people post any medical or childbirth related questions: because the pool of knowledge and experience here is enormous, and people are willing to share what they know. it is possible to find out a lot more here than you can by talking to most health-care professionals. (c'mon, motek, I think you agree with me that many doctors are not the infallible people we wish they were... Wink )

disclaimer: I am not saying that this website replaces the need for doctors, rather that if you arm yourself with information ahead of time, you can ask intelligently. and I don't see why this applies differently to bc than any other medical question.

I also don't understand why people don't see a difference between an anonymous post about bc and chatting with the neighbors about your s.. life? the goal of the conversation, the tone, and the effect are all totally different!

Motek

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 6:35 pm
carrot - this particular thread was started to balance the numerous threads on birth control (and there were were a fraction of these bc threads when this thread was started) as you will see if you read it from the beginning

Tefila

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 6:36 pm
Quote:
carrot - this particular thread was started to balance the numerous threads on birth control

Thanks 4 clarification Wink
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics