Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I don't have a full button

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 1:19 pm
I'm overweight. I eat a lot.
I never feel full.

Or, if I feel full at a meal, I"m hungry two hours later.

When I eat on a diet, I eat my pre-arranged food and then I'm still hungry. I feel physical emptiness in my stomach, and it's unsettling.

How can I lose weight if I never feel full?

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 1:22 pm
Are you having enough protein and a serving of healthy fats by each meal? I eat huge salads with lots of variety. Ideally I shouldn’t eat so much but as long as it’s vegetables I eat unlimited quantities

cbsp

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 1:28 pm
DH never felt full. Ever. Before I met him he said he'd eat for supper an entire chicken, a 3lb bag of salad, and a 2 liter bottle of diet coke. He'd only stop eating because he figured that should be enough, but not because he was full.

He tried numerous diets. He finally had gastric bypass in '01 (a couple months after 9/11) and now he feels full.

I'm not saying that should be your solution (there are plenty of downsides to the surgery). But just know that there are others out there...

There are also hormones involved with feeling full or hungry (leptin and ghrelin) - maybe you can look into what's happening in your body with regards to those hormones?

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 2:12 pm
I also have this issue. I have been working on it with a eating behavioral therapist in addition to trying to incorporate intuitive eating principles into my mindset which has helped a lot. What I have learned is we are all born with a full button and we can turn it off by eating too much or too little. Tuning in to those feelings can really help.

I have listened to nourishing women podcast on Spotify and it was really helpful for me and gave me a lot of insight.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 2:13 pm
Protein and fat. Cut addictive foods. Magnesium and thiamine help regulate appetite and associated hormones. Intuitive eating.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 2:17 pm
cbsp wrote:
DH never felt full. Ever. Before I met him he said he'd eat for supper an entire chicken, a 3lb bag of salad, and a 2 liter bottle of diet coke. He'd only stop eating because he figured that should be enough, but not because he was full.

He tried numerous diets. He finally had gastric bypass in '01 (a couple months after 9/11) and now he feels full.

I'm not saying that should be your solution (there are plenty of downsides to the surgery). But just know that there are others out there...

There are also hormones involved with feeling full or hungry (leptin and ghrelin) - maybe you can look into what's happening in your body with regards to those hormones?

IMHO- the Diet Coke was sabotaging his efforts

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 3:19 pm
drink water or tea to feel full in the meantime.
It's very much an 'in the head' thing (unless youre not eating filling foods)

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 3:20 pm
I used to feel that way too. Since I cut my carbs drastically I can be quite content on less.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 3:47 pm
I think for some people the full button is really the overstuffed indicator. That's definitely the case for me. I'm working on noticing the not hungry time, then the regular full time. That happens long before overstuffed. Also slowing down the meals help, as does drinking a lot of water.

cbsp

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 4:22 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
IMHO- the Diet Coke was sabotaging his efforts

LOL
And you know all about his life how?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise