Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Bais Yaakov Dr'Rav Meir high school info please
Previous  1  2

pgk

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 11:03 pm
Stupid question (not gonna give an opinion cuz my girls are not high school age yet so everything would be hearsay) but why are we comparing to ppy? Op asked about drav Meir vs machon! No one said drav Meir was the most academic institution on the planet nor did anyone claim it was more academic than ppy! Ppl are claiming drav Meir is an academic school perhaps more so than machon.

Ok done with my rant question

cnc

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 11:14 pm
pgk wrote:
Stupid question (not gonna give an opinion cuz my girls are not high school age yet so everything would be hearsay) but why are we comparing to ppy? Op asked about drav Meir vs machon! No one said drav Meir was the most academic institution on the planet nor did anyone claim it was more academic than ppy! Ppl are claiming drav Meir is an academic school perhaps more so than machon.

Ok done with my rant question

This thread is over 7 years old btw.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 7:37 pm
Hi I know that I’m a little late 😂 but I was noticing this thread and my daughter who currently attends Bais yakov Drav Meir high school just wanted to straighten out some misconceptions there seems to be.
First of all yes the school academic, yes the girls learn a lot and, the hanhalah here works hard to inspire all of the girls to be better people. Second of all the atmosphere is incredibly warm and accepting and the principles and teachers are always there for us no matter what. To brake the most common STEREOTYPE- it is not an Uber yeshivish crowd! There are girls from all over Flatbush,Borough park, queens, Manhattan beach, mill basin... they’re all good bais yakov girls but some come from more open minded homes which really creates an amazing and diverse environment! We would toatally recommend sending your daughters here!

Reality

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 7:50 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Hi I know that I’m a little late 😂 but I was noticing this thread and my daughter who currently attends Bais yakov Drav Meir high school just wanted to straighten out some misconceptions there seems to be.
First of all yes the school academic, yes the girls learn a lot and, the hanhalah here works hard to inspire all of the girls to be better people. Second of all the atmosphere is incredibly warm and accepting and the principles and teachers are always there for us no matter what. To brake the most common STEREOTYPE- it is not an Uber yeshivish crowd! There are girls from all over Flatbush,Borough park, queens, Manhattan beach, mill basin... they’re all good bais yakov girls but some come from more open minded homes which really creates an amazing and diverse environment! We would toatally recommend sending your daughters here!

Considering how old this thread is why can't you believe the student body has changed in 8 years?

I remember a time when if someone went to BYBP for elementary it was the kiss of death as far as acceptance to BYDM high school was concerned. That is not true at all anymore.

Things change. Schools don't stay the same. Neighborhoods don't stay the same.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 7:54 pm
Reality wrote:
Considering how old this thread is why can't you believe the student body has changed in 8 years?

I remember a time when if someone went to BYBP for elementary it was the kiss of death as far as acceptance to BYDM high school was concerned. That is not true at all anymore.

Things change. Schools don't stay the same. Neighborhoods don't stay the same.

Oh it definitely changed! I graduated from there in 2013. My sister are there now, and it for sure is different now.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 7:55 pm
So weird when pp bring up old threads. I was reading this with so much interest bec I went to ppy and sister went to bydm and I have A LOT to say on the matter but the thread is old and noone is inquiring so I’ll keep my mouth shut.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 7:56 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
So weird when pp bring up old threads. I was reading this with so much interest bec I went to ppy and sister went to bydm and I have A LOT to say on the matter but the thread is old and noone is inquiring so I’ll keep my mouth shut.

I'm inquiring. Smile

Mollie

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 9:31 pm
Girls work crazy hard. Too hard in my opinion.

But they are so happy.. so I can’t complain

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 9:55 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
I'm inquiring. Smile

Bydm extremely into grades and their whole theme is to work the girls to tears (hazarim bdima brina yikzaru- that’s what mrs herzka says when girls complain) it’s very elitist- whoever gets the best grades and dresses the best is the most popular. Middos is not stressed as much as memorisation and highest grades.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children