Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Camp Bnos

Odelyah

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 10:32 am
Hi my daughter has never been to sleep-away camp and would like to go this summer (assuming the world is back to normal by then b'ezH!). A close friend is considering going to Bnos so my daughter wants me to look into it for her. Any updated info about the camp and what type/s of girls go there would be really appreciated!

Odelyah

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 11:36 am
a little info about my daughter--she is definitely the camp type--extroverted, very social, fun-loving, loves to keep active and enjoys a variety of activities. Even though I'm not a fan of labels, I would describe our family as OOT yeshivish. I don't have a smartphone, my husband learned for many years in kollel, we are involved in chinuch and kiruv. I really would prefer a camp where everyone does not need to come with specific designer brands of clothing and gear, but is well-run and torahdik and wholesome. Maybe with girls coming from a mix of places, not just NY/Lakewood?

How does Bnos fit in with those criteria? Or are there other camps I should look into? I have mostly boys--years ago my other daughter went to Malka. Thanks in advance!! Smile

Odelyah

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 10:51 pm
bump?

STovah

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 11:00 pm
I think Camp Tehila gets more girls from out of Brooklyn/Lakewood, and the crowd they get from Brooklyn is more yeshivish than the crowd in Bnos. The crowd in Bnos is mainly from the tristate area and slightly more into labels and camp 'stuff'.

Odelyah

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 11:14 pm
STovah wrote:
I think Camp Tehila gets more girls from out of Brooklyn/Lakewood, and the crowd they get from Brooklyn is more yeshivish than the crowd in Bnos. The crowd in Bnos is mainly from the tristate area and slightly more into labels and camp 'stuff'.
thanks so much for your response-- I'm not familiar with tehila. how does it compare to malka? (if you're familiar with both)

STovah

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 10:41 am
Odelyah wrote:
thanks so much for your response-- I'm not familiar with tehila. how does it compare to malka? (if you're familiar with both)

My impression is that Malka caters to a fancier crowd.

Odelyah

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 11:41 am
ok thank you! would you say malka and bnos are the same in that aspect?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 11:48 am
Camp Bnos is a wholesome BY type camp. There's a big mix of girls and a nice crowd from all over NY/NJ. There are some bits of the right brands and gear so that's something to keep in mind since you asked about that.

Camp Malka has more of a yeshivish crowd from Brooklyn & Lakewood especially. And with regard to brands and gear, it's more in-town and fancier than the above.

baltomom

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 1:06 pm
Sounds like Bnos Maarava would be just what you're looking for. BY hashkafa, lots of OOT (as well as in town) yeshivish girls, wholesome, not into expensive brand labels and things like that.

Odelyah

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 11:01 pm
baltomom wrote:
Sounds like Bnos Maarava would be just what you're looking for. BY hashkafa, lots of OOT (as well as in town) yeshivish girls, wholesome, not into expensive brand labels and things like that.

thanks so much--I've heard good things about maarava but it's really far--we are looking for something closer, although who knows what will be this summer..

Odelyah

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 11:02 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Camp Bnos is a wholesome BY type camp. There's a big mix of girls and a nice crowd from all over NY/NJ. There are some bits of the right brands and gear so that's something to keep in mind since you asked about that.

Camp Malka has more of a yeshivish crowd from Brooklyn & Lakewood especially. And with regard to brands and gear, it's more in-town and fancier than the above.

thanks so much--do you know anything about tehilla by any chance?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 11:18 pm
Odelyah wrote:
thanks so much--do you know anything about tehilla by any chance?

I don't. I wish I could help!

Odelyah

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 11:27 pm
ok throwing out another name--what about Camp Bais Yaakov?

(basically my daughter and her friend really want to go camp together this summer, but they are not set on a specific camp. my daughter mentioned bnos because she knows some girls who go there and like it but they are very open to other ideas, so I really appreciate all the helpful info!)

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 11:29 pm
Odelyah wrote:
ok throwing out another name--what about Camp Bais Yaakov?

(basically my daughter and her friend really want to go camp together this summer, but they are not set on a specific camp. my daughter mentioned bnos because she knows some girls who go there and like it but they are very open to other ideas, so I really appreciate all the helpful info!)

Camp Bais Yaakov is yeshivish and low key. I think your daughter would love it!

Odelyah

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 11:31 pm
thanks ra mom I really appreciate it Smile

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 11:31 pm
Good luck! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries