Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Surfside Florida - Where to stay

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 04 2020, 9:11 am
Where to stay in Surfside? Will be there over Shabbos

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Nov 04 2020, 9:29 am
Marriot is reasonably priced.
Grand beach hotel

doctorima

Post Wed, Nov 04 2020, 9:35 am
There's a Residence Inn in Surfside, which is a very family-friendly chain with large rooms and kitchens. If it's within your budget, the St. Regis in Bal Harbour is stunning.

jflower

Post Wed, Nov 04 2020, 9:40 am
Does anyone know how to rent an apartment in Surfside for a week or two? Thanks

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Nov 04 2020, 9:40 am
While the St. Regis is nicer, the rooms are tiny when compared to Grand Beach. I did not enjoy the St. Regis for this reason.

jflower

Post Wed, Nov 04 2020, 9:43 am
Also, can anyone tell me where the shul, supermarkets & restaurants are located? Also a place to buy Shabbos takeout food.

chanar

Post Wed, Nov 04 2020, 10:40 am
I’ve stayed a few times at the grand beach. There are 2 buildings, they are across the street from each other. Make sure you book the one that is on the beach! I’ve always had a good experience there.

It is literally a 2 min walk to the Chabad shul and exactly parallel to the block with all the kosher restaurants and the kosher grocery store, there is also a Winn Dixie . It’s a 3 min walk from the grand beach.
You can eat shabbos meals at some of the restaurants (you need to book in advance) and the grocery there has a small takeout, and challah, cake, dips, etc.

jflower

Post Wed, Nov 04 2020, 12:19 pm
chanar wrote:
I’ve stayed a few times at the grand beach. There are 2 buildings, they are across the street from each other. Make sure you book the one that is on the beach! I’ve always had a good experience there.

It is literally a 2 min walk to the Chabad shul and exactly parallel to the block with all the kosher restaurants and the kosher grocery store, there is also a Winn Dixie . It’s a 3 min walk from the grand beach.
You can eat shabbos meals at some of the restaurants (you need to book in advance) and the grocery there has a small takeout, and challah, cake, dips, etc.

Thanks so much for this information.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 04 2020, 12:49 pm
chanar wrote:

How much should the Grand Beach on the water cost?

yksraya

Post Wed, Nov 04 2020, 12:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How much should the Grand Beach on the water cost?

We paid around $950 for 3 nights. Oceanview. But check for pricing.

moramom

Post Sat, Nov 07 2020, 8:24 pm
chanar wrote:

what restaurant can I call for shabbos reservations in that area?

amother
Smokey

Post Sat, Nov 07 2020, 8:41 pm
chanar wrote:

You mean publix not Winn Dixie

doctorima

Post Sat, Nov 07 2020, 10:06 pm
moramom wrote:
what restaurant can I call for shabbos reservations in that area?

From Dan's Deals (but this was pre-COVID, so check to see if anything has changed):

Shabbos Meals in Bal Harbour/Surfside
Kosher Kingdom Takeout (15 drive)
KosherLand Takeout (was bought by The Grove and now has a massive Shabbos selection as well as prepared foods all week long. no more hot plates as far as I know.)
Esti Englander - Pickup in NMB (305) 502-4611
Backyard BBQ Friday Night Meal Service
Kosh Friday Night Meal Service
Meat Bar (Bay harbor) Friday Night Meal Service
For Shabbos day people usually eat in the SHUL

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 9:48 am
Any ideas what to do nearby now?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics