Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Need survival tips

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 9:33 am
I tested positive for covid yesterday. That means my whole family is quarantined in my 2 bedroom apartment including a very active kid with autism. Ds has zoom school until 3, but I know already that he's going to keep wanting to go outside after that. We have a trampoline, slide, therapy ball, and beanbag chair in his room, but that's not the same as going to the park. Meanwhile, dh keeps complaining about the whole situation, as if I got sick on purpose. So far, he is more difficult than ds. How am I supposed to survive 2 weeks of this?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 9:41 am
Do you have a private outdoor area you can use? Or are you in an apt building that you can't leave at all?
BH we have a direct entrance outside so I had DD run up and down the walkway multiple times a day.
There may be more screentime than usual for 2 weeks.
Is he interested in art? Stick him in the tub with finger paints and just wash it down after.
Lots of heavy touch activities- roll him up inside a quilt like making a burrito etc.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 9:45 am
We're in a building. We do have a small porch attached to our apartment, but it's not really big enough to do much. Ds loves music and sensory activities. He's not interested in art, but he enjoys making a mess. He often fingerpaints shampoo on the bathroom walls. I roll him up every night.

behappy2

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 10:01 am
Can you get someone who already had Covid to come and help out?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 10:05 am
The problem is that ds can't go out since he's quarantined. Having someone else around won't help unless it's one of his favorite singers, and I doubt they do housecalls to quarantined kids.

behappy2

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 10:10 am
Sit tight for 2 weeks of chaos Smile This too shall pass. Pizza every night, tripping over toys, too much screen time, but eventually the clouds will part and you will see your floor again. For specific activities for autistic kids you might need to ask other moms. Good luck!

baby12x

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 10:20 am
I'm so sorry! This sounds really difficult.

One idea is to put him in the bathtub with fingerpaints, or sea foam or other messy activities and let him make a mess.

That way it's slightly more contained and easier to clean.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 11:32 am
I just looked online at bath paint. It looks interesting. Ds spends a long time in the bath every night. It's the best way to keep him contained so I get down time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics