Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Unsweetened non-dairy healthy liquid that whitens coffee
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 10:58 am
when using only a small amount of it? NOT coconut? Which non dairy milk substitute that is pareve (not dairy equipment) that whitens the coffee with only a little bit of it and does not have coconut in it? I use almond breeze almond milk but it takes a lot to make the coffee white and by then my coffee is cold. If I use coffee creamer defrosted from the freezer it's good, but it is sweetened and it's not so healthy. What else do you use?

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 11:00 am
Cashew or hazelnut milk

elsily

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 11:00 am
Oat milk?

mizle10

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 11:01 am
Is it an option to warm the almond milk before pouring into your coffee?

mha3484

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 11:02 am
I like the Califia Farms Almond Milk creamer. They also make a half and half that is a mix of almond and coconut. They have plain and flavored. https://www.califiafarms.com/c.....amers

Oat Milk is also delicious.

This got me over fear of fleishig since I can make delicious pareve coffee using non dairy products.

Brachie69

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 11:04 am
Recently tried oat milk and it was very good. Usually use vanilla almond milk.

cheerios

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 11:06 am
Soy milk. You need less than almond milk to whiten coffee. But it does have a taste

little neshamala

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 11:07 am
Cashew milk. Its creamier than almond milk

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 11:11 am
I'm curious to try breastmilk, but too lazy to pump some for coffee.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 11:17 am
I haven't found cashew milk that is not dairy equipment. If you found one, which brand is it?
which brand hazelnut milk? oatmilk? cashew milk?
I once tried Califia creamer and it was spoiled- it came out in clumps (or is that supposed to happen)?
I also tried a brand of oatmilk but it didn't whiten so much and it has so many more calories than other non dairy substitutes.
Soy milk I haven't used in years, but maybe I should go back to try it.
I prefer not to warm it up.

bunchagirlies

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 11:40 am
I was off dairy for quite a while. Hated coconut milk in coffee, hated almond milk in coffee. My sister convinced me to try the combined one. Blue diamond makes a almond breeze that almond coconut combination. I really liked it! Neither of the flavors are strong, and they balance each other out really well. So much so, that I even ended up using it in cereal plenty of times! Worth the try...

penguin

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 11:43 am
West soy makes unsweetened soy milk.

little neshamala

amother [ OP ] wrote:
I haven't found cashew milk that is not dairy equipment. If you found one, which brand is it?
which brand hazelnut milk? oatmilk? cashew milk?
I once tried Califia creamer and it was spoiled- it came out in clumps (or is that supposed to happen)?
I also tried a brand of oatmilk but it didn't whiten so much and it has so many more calories than other non dairy substitutes.
Soy milk I haven't used in years, but maybe I should go back to try it.
I prefer not to warm it up.

Elmhurst brand is ou.
They make all kinds of nut milks including cashew-theyve got the all natural 2 ingredient ones, which are just nuts and water, and the other types which have added stuff

amother
Aquamarine

As far as the dairy equipment thing, I've found that the Whole Foods brand of almond and oat milk are OU pareve, as are the Aldi brand (Friendly Farms), if you have those stores nearby. Not sure if they have cashew milk.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 11:47 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
I'm curious to try breastmilk, but too lazy to pump some for coffee.

Is it dairy or parve?

Or parve using dairy equipment?
Or dairy using parve equipment?

zaq

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 2:27 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Is it dairy or parve?

breast milk is pareve.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 4:13 am
I have had very bad luck with soy milk in coffee. Some coffees are more acidic than others, and you end up with tiny bits of tofu floating around. It's really gross! Confused

Other nut milks are much better, IMHO. It's just a matter of taste. Almond, hazelnut, cashew, and oat are all good choices.

There are even recipes online for how to make your own. You just soak the raw nuts overnight, then run them through a really strong blender, or put them through a juicer to separate out the fiber. If you don't have a juicer you can just put the pulp in cheesecloth and squeeze out as much liquid as you can.

Save the fiber for baking muffins, or dog biscuits, or just add it to your compost. It's good stuff, and it would be a shame to throw it out.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 4:29 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Is it dairy or parve?

Parve. Only reason the equipment might be dairy is if you use the same bottles/ storage containers for dairy formula or cow's milk.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 8:21 am
little neshamala wrote:
Elmhurst brand is ou.
They make all kinds of nut milks including cashew-theyve got the all natural 2 ingredient ones, which are just nuts and water, and the other types which have added stuff
who in flatbush sells the Elmhurst brand?

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 8:25 am
Try making your coffee less strong and not adding anything. While I do love my heavy cream, and shudder at the idea of not drinking whitened coffee, I realize that I probably like the smell amd the cream more even, than I like coffee.

If I could not whiten my coffee, I’d make my coffee less strong and drink it black....
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen