Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
What do u think of these? Anyone have any?

Which would you choose?
Choice A: Fisher Price Starlight Papasan Cradle Swing  
 56%  [ 9 ]
Choice B: Graco 3-in-1 Swing'n'Bounce  
 31%  [ 5 ]
Choice C: Graco SweetPeace  
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

YALT

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 8:59 pm
Which would you choose? Why that one over the other 2?

Choice A:
Fisher Price Starlight Papasan Cradle Swing
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.....38822

Choice B:
Graco 3-in-1 Swing'n'Bounce
http://www.gracobaby.com/catal.....yID=5

Choice C:
Graco SweetPeace
http://www.gracobaby.com/catal.....yID=5
(watch the interactive demo to fully understand how it works)

Lilkingdom

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 9:05 pm
I have the fisher price swing in the pink butterfly version. It's really great. Has a lot of good features...

If only my dd would prefer that instead of my hands!

mumoo

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 9:21 pm
I don't have babies, but I was intrigued by the choices. I am a little experienced in baby equipment, as I run a children's gmach. Anyway, I don't like the SweetPeace at all. Way overdone. It's trying to create a human environment completely mechanically. Hold your own baby, sheesh, and let him hear you , feel you , smell you, whatever. It seems to have a very short shelf life, like about one month. I also don't like the design; it doesn't look sturdy. A plus: being able using your car seat in a pinch.

The first swing is pretty, but I also think it has limited use. There is lots of passive entertainment, but not much interaction for a grabbing older baby.

I would get the 3 in 1. The removable carrier is handy, feeding, sleeping baby, go out to the porch, whatever. I like the overhead toys, and that they swing away. Ideally, the toy bar should have interchangeable toys. I don't like the vibrate feature, tho. I've read that it is disturbing to the developing nervous system.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 6:45 am
they all seem to have good pros & cons.
I don't know which I'd go for.

Tovah

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 7:43 am
I have a diff model of the first choice and I really like it. it can go sie to side or front to back. it's great!

jemappelle

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 2:50 pm
I have the fisher price in the aquarium version - all tho not as "pretty" it is exciting- fish and colors etc. both my boys loved it as infants (cant really fit in it after 6 months ) it would rock them to sleep - the feature that it can swing back and forth as well as side to side is great. they'd "talk" to the fish. it is a life saver to have a place to put the baby down for a bit , in a place where they are content.
others that I know that have it as well are very pleased too.

Marion

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 3:58 pm
I would go with B. It's the only one that looks like it could be used at all on Shabbat (the bouncy chair is detachable beforehand).

purplesquare

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 4:13 pm
as you know op. I have the first one I love it I recommended it to a friend who just got it last week and she loves it my sister and sister in law on my saide as well as one sisinlaw from the other saide has it I love it

MahPitom

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 6:07 pm
Which reminds me: If anyone has a Fisher Price Cradle Rocker to sell, ANY PRICE my cousin needs one. Thanks.

Esther23

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 7:16 pm
I think I would take number two, like someone before mentioned, you would get more use out of it for older than 6 months because of the different speeds, more songs and the toys, my kids loved the toy mobile on their swing. Also it has that extra feature of carrying it to another room which I think is great.

redhot

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 8:05 pm
I have the starlight papasan and I LOVE it!!

GAMZu

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 11:56 pm
I have an old fashioned wind-up swing which I love, except for 2 features: the bar over it which houses the mechanism makes it hard to maneuver the baby in and out, and the tray doesn't open, making it even harder.

The best thing for me would me a windup with an open top and a tray that swings open.

But now the companies are trying to outdo one another... they make it compatible with an ipod, with the computer so you can send info from educational websites straight to baby's brain, and the newest models plug into washing- and coffee-machines so you can start your day with a brew and a chore while depositing your baby in the swing.

Check if any of those 3 come with these features.
And if you wait another couple of months, they'll come out with a swing which launches into the air. For what purpose, I'm not sure, but as long as it's an extra feature which the other companies didn't think of yet, it's all good.

YALT

Post Mon, Jan 28 2008, 6:11 am
Gamzu,
Why are you publishing your ideas w/o patenting it? you can make some good money, as I'm sure those things would come out soon.
Even better, they'll have an OnStar button, that is good for a virtual babysitter. It may not be able to feed/change the baby (the robot is another idea) but the video will show the baby to the woman at the other end, and she can talk/sing to the baby, she can click a few buttons on her keyboard and have the swing begin to rock, or vibrate, etc.. and if an emergency comes up, she can call you on your cellphone to let you know to run home.
Not that I would leave my baby like that, but I'm sure alot of non jews would.

About wind-up swings - I know their amazing - cuz you can use it on shabbos. But you can't buy them anymore.

For those who wrote about the removable carrier/bouncer,
The Sweetpeace is also a removable carrier.

Anyways, back to the issue at hand, it seems like not too many people are going for the sweetpeace. Is that because noone really checked into it, or is it because of another reason? I also didn't understand what was so amazing about it, until I saw the whole demo on their website.
What made me nervous about the Sweetpeace is that it looks like DS may turn it over with babby inside. But at the same time, I'm sure they checked and rechecked that issue before approving it.
I'm also afraid to make a wrong decision bec. of all the shtick, and not go witht he tried and true.

GAMZu

Post Mon, Jan 28 2008, 4:45 pm
YALT wrote:
Gamzu,
Why are you publishing your ideas w/o patenting it? you can make some good money, as I'm sure those things would come out soon.
Even better, they'll have an OnStar button, that is good for a virtual babysitter. It may not be able to feed/change the baby (the robot is another idea) but the video will show the baby to the woman at the other end, and she can talk/sing to the baby, she can click a few buttons on her keyboard and have the swing begin to rock, or vibrate, etc.. and if an emergency comes up, she can call you on your cellphone to let you know to run home.
Not that I would leave my baby like that, but I'm sure alot of non jews would.

About wind-up swings - I know their amazing - cuz you can use it on shabbos. But you can't buy them anymore.

For those who wrote about the removable carrier/bouncer,
The Sweetpeace is also a removable carrier.

Anyways, back to the issue at hand, it seems like not too many people are going for the sweetpeace. Is that because noone really checked into it, or is it because of another reason? I also didn't understand what was so amazing about it, until I saw the whole demo on their website.
What made me nervous about the Sweetpeace is that it looks like DS may turn it over with babby inside. But at the same time, I'm sure they checked and rechecked that issue before approving it.
I'm also afraid to make a wrong decision bec. of all the shtick, and not go witht he tried and true.
What's the essential difference between the 3?

I mean, they all swing. If you think swinging side to side is a feature you'd want, choose one that does.
The rest of the features aren't that important to a swing, IMO. So go with the one which looks nicer to you, or is cheaper.

Oh, one more thing. My toddler LOVED going into the baby swing. The old ones that are like a reclining chair can seat a toddler well. The cradle ones look like they won't handle a climbing toddler.

What's with the sweetpeace that they write the baby will be comforted by mother's smell?? I didn't get that part.

YALT

Post Mon, Jan 28 2008, 6:20 pm
Quote:
What's with the sweetpeace that they write the baby will be comforted by mother's smell?? I didn't get that part.

It comes with a blanket.
When DS was a baby, s/o told me to try this, and it worked. When the baby just wants YOU, if you give him s/t that smells like you, they'll be just as happy.
So when I wanted him to stop cosleeping with me, I would have 2 nightshirts on my bed. Each night I would wear one, and put the other in his crib. THe next night I would switch off. I can tell you - it worked! As soon as my shirt went into his crib - he'd calm down.

sandwich

Post Tue, Feb 05 2008, 9:31 am
I have the first one in a diff't version and love it. So does my 2 sil's they both have it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics