Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
'pretending' that you don't see someone

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 5:33 am
Do you ever do this?
I feel bad when I do because, let's face it, it's very obvious most of the time.
What do you think when someone does this?

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 5:35 am
I wouldn't think anything. Just that the person didn't notice me. If tehre is some story behind I'd assume the person just doesn't want to talk to me.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 5:37 am
I'm usually relieved someone didn't notice me. Fact is, when someone doesn't want to talk to you, you' usually don't want to talk to them. Unless your fake good friends, and they don't know you're holding some grudge, or you annoy them.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 5:39 am
That they don't see me. Or they're busy. Or their mind is too busy.

I don't necessarily even know what that means. Seeing someone I know doesn't always require my acknowledging them.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 6:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you ever do this?
I feel bad when I do because, let's face it, it's very obvious most of the time.
What do you think when someone does this?

Sometimes I'm so lost in thought that I literally don't see the people walking by me. I may be staring straight ahead and looking where I'm going in, but my mind is totally not there.

Don't take it personally, unless the person is literally crossing the street or running in the other direction every time she comes within your range.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 6:00 am
but if you start looking at your phone specifically when the person is approaching...I'm very shy but I think this comes off as strange/impolite/immature.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 6:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
but if you start looking at your phone specifically when the person is approaching...I'm very shy but I think this comes off as strange/impolite/immature.

If its done on purpose, then yes. But how do you know it just wasn't a coincidence?

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Dec 07 2020, 9:33 pm
Are you sure this belongs to a 2020 forum? Get with the program, ladies!

Thanks to masks and constantly crossing the road to SD and avoid oncoming pedestrians, I no longer know who anyone is anyway! Every cloud....😂
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette