Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
When students won't wear masks
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

Sparkle

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 6:53 pm
I live in an OOT city and the school here is super strict about masks and SD. Kids have all acclimated nicely and we've had 0 cases.
I was initially very nervous about masks - especially for my youngest who has quite a severe sensory disorder. But our principal told all the parents on a Zoom call before school started back in August that our opinions/reactions regarding masks would influence how our kids take to masks, and I really see he was right. It took a couple days but all the kids are used to them by now, and school has run quite efficiently here since August. Again, 0 cases. BH.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 10:38 pm
Excerpt from Article:

Europe's Top Health Officials Say Masks Aren't Helpful in Beating COVID-19

Denmark boasts one of the lowest Covid-19 death rates in the world.
As of August 4, the Danes have suffered 616 COVID-19 deaths...

Danes aren’t wearing face masks, and local authorities for the most part aren’t even recommending them...

“All these countries recommending face masks haven’t made their decisions based on new studies,” said Henning Bundgaard, chief physician at Denmark’s Rigshospitale, according to Bloomberg News.

....“Face masks in public places are not necessary, based on all the current evidence,” said Coen Berends, spokesman for the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment. “There is no benefit and there may even be negative impact.”

Countries with the HIGHEST death rates - Italy and Spain - 90% of the population wear masks.

And Countries with the LOWEST death rates Denmark, Finland, Holland, Sweden DO NOT
wear Masks.

https://fee.org/articles/europ.....d-19/

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 10:40 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
Hypocrisy is bad, but if a government official tells everyone to do the right thing but does the wrong thing himself, that doesn't make right wrong and wrong right.

Or maybe wearing masks is the WRONG thing and government knows it - that's why they don't bother.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Nov 13 2020, 12:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just wanted to say I read every post. Obviously not going to answer everyone but when I posted my vent, I was very frustrated because it takes a lot of my energy and time to remind the (10 year old) girls to follow the rules everyday. Of course I never ever yell at my students and always try my hardest to be kind and caring because of course I love my students. The part that bothers me is when I hear students consistently mocking those who find mask wearing important. It could definitely just be coming from immaturity but I realize that it must be coming from somewhere and if parents are choosing to send to a school with certain rules, I don’t understand why a parent would openly mock that rule, making it unimportant to their children. If you don’t believe in masks thats a whole different conversation. I obviously don’t find my students acting selfishly because they’re just kids. I do think it’s selfish, or just not considerate of parents to mock a school rule that keeps others safe. Just like many others said, like with any other rule in a school even if you don’t agree with it personally, you as a parent should show your child that in school they must follow that rule. The administration is backing me up of course and hopefully that will help as well. I also have students who get very nervous when they see girls not wearing masks correctly. Why should those girls have to worry when they assumed it would be a rule that everyone would follow?
I apologize for creating all of this animosity but clearly masks are a very hot topic issue (which I will never understand but not the point) but honestly this wasn’t about masks or no masks, this was about being considerate enough to follow a school rule that is honestly the reason why we can stay open in the first place.
and

I teach 10 yr old girls as well.
They mostly are good about masks. If not, like I said on one of the first pages, I remind them or threaten to send them to the principal.

To the imas who think most teachers can't stand masks, I can't speak for most, but I can speak for myself Smile I'm surviving bh. It's really okay to wear a mask for a few hours straight.

I think people who haven't worn them for more than a grocery store shopping can't imagine that, but your tolerance increases. In the summer, I thought masks were awful, impossible... So did my kids. But now that we all wear them to school for hours on end, we're used to them. One of my kids wears the mask around the house sometimes for fun (TAKE IT OFF!! THAT'S RIDICULOUS!!!)

I think that you, OP, should speak to your administration about the ongoing issue.
Maybe it's time for a zoom speech by the principal to the parents, or a classroom visit by the principal.

K it's not about what the parents or kids think.
It's about following the rules.
Staying safe.
Keeping cases down.
Keeping school open.

chanatron1000

Post Fri, Nov 13 2020, 3:16 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Or maybe wearing masks is the WRONG thing and government knows it - that's why they don't bother.

That's a far less common form of hypocrisy.
Page 9 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 Recent Topics