Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
What to do with my 2 1/2 yr old who WAS toilet trained
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Tue, Feb 05 2008, 2:19 pm
I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo stressed. BH my husband and I decided a method we are going to go by for now. It's good to have a mehalach but I NEED A VACATION. It's sooooo hard to keep my cool and pretend everything is fine and dandy. It's all outta control.

happymom

Post Tue, Feb 05 2008, 2:49 pm
he probably senses that you are frustrated and his behavior is affected by that. when kids act up its because SOMETHING IS BOTHERING THEM or they arent happy. it could either be somethinga thome, at school..... or maybe he just isnt fully ready yet for underwear. It can help to try and stay calm, ttreat your son lovingly and gently, with positive reinforcenment, and dont push the toilet issue...... goodluck./ we have to choose our battles, and underwear/diaper imo should not be one of them. when they are ready, they are ready, and when they arent, they just arent. bribing doesnt help. smae with many things. if my daighter wants to wear pink every day, who cares... its not worth a fight. its only importnat when it comes do things that are dangerous or unhealthy. for example, of course there have to be limits with junk, and they ust brush teeth, go to bed. but even all of those things and eveyrhting for that matter can be done calmly without a fight and without aggrevation. its all how u look at it and deal with it.......

amother

Post Tue, Feb 05 2008, 3:03 pm
No that is exactly the opposite of what is happening. I WAS frustrated... but then I developed this plan with my husband that if he makes on the potty, ok...no real reaction. If he makes on the floor... Ok no real reaction... He wants to get a rise out of us, he wants to control things... So if I dont react he doesnt have much to work with. Then after my son is asleep at night I vent to my husband. It does work, though this is only the 2nd day. I see tiny results but I do really have to make sure to keep my cool, and by the 10th time in one day of changing him .... grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!
If you read my previous post, I said I know now 99% why he is acting this way. It's not a mystery. I also explained that he IS ready and he was totally dry for 4 months before now. I;m not bribing him at all.

anuta

Post Tue, Feb 05 2008, 3:08 pm
My daughter was trained at 2 yrs 4 mo, and had those episodes from time to time, until now (she is almost 4). They usually precedeed or followed a stressful time for her: an illness, start of preschool, new babysitter. Sometimes it took a month or two to recover... Sometimes they involved not only wetting the pants, but peeing at night in her bed...
Thank G-d I think she finally grew out of it; her recent illness she didn't even wet her bed once!

ChavieK

Post Tue, Feb 05 2008, 6:44 pm
One dd was 2yr 9mo when next ds was born.After I went back to work, she started to pish on the floor.She was upset that the baby came to work with me. She told me it was only for me & not the babysitter.She also said that she doesn't have accidents on the carpet.
Amother you are correct to have no reaction. That is what we did. She would help me clean it up. It lasted a couple of weeks. Then was fine again.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training